Full screen slider on specific pages?

I want to display the slider on just one specific page on my site, and it’s not the home/front page. Is it possible to specify that via CSS somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Eric

To be clear: the slider would be turned off everywhere except for that page.

Hello Eric,

You can add a slider shortcode using Page Builder row. Please check this topic:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Makes sense, but can you give me the shortcode? I don’t see it on the page you linked to.

Thanks!

Roman,

I just re-read the post. Are you recommending a 3rd party slider plugin for this instead of the built in Sydney slider?

Eric

Hello Eric,

Yes, 3rd party slider plugin.

It looks like the easiest way.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hey Roman,

I’m willing to try the complicated way because my needs are really specific. The TL;DR is I need a non-Front Page to look and behave like Sydney’s default front page. The details:

My site has an opt-in landing page that hides all of the content. That page is set to Front Page with the slider turned off. Behind that landing page, I’m looking for the “home” page of the site to look like your default home page in Sydney: slider, transparent header area, CTA button, etc. The rest of the site has no slider showing.

Because the “home” page isn’t set to the Front Page, it isn’t showing the slider or CTA button, and the header area is black instead of transparent. I need all three of those things showing.

I tried setting the slider image as the background in pagebuilder. That solves the layering for a CTA button, but the header needs adjustment.

Unless there’s a 3rd party slider that allows for custom CTA buttons layered on them, the built in slider is the ideal way to go.

Hope that all makes sense. Please advise?

Thanks,
Eric

Hello Eric,

It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
There are slider plugins that allow creating buttons, but not as easy as in Sydney slider.

Hi Roman,

Understood. So far it looks like Smart Slider 3 will get the job done. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the recommendations.

Best,
Eric

You are welcome Eric!

Kind Regards, Roman.