Full General Updates for Moesia Pro

Hello,

We are running a full-blown website on Moesia Pro and I received the message: “Your version of Moesia Pro will receive only security updates from this point on. To continue receiving general updates, please get in touch with us over the forums.”

We are at scottsdalebahai.org

Should we update to a new theme? Is there something more responsive, faster, better tuned to iPhone X and Xs Max, etc.

Please advise, thanks! Much appreciated.

-Nicolas

Hello Nicolas,

Please check you license key in Dashboard > Appearance > Theme License. If the license status is valid and active, you’ll be able to update theme in regular way by clicking the update link to the theme’s thumbnail.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you for you help,

Do I need to download manually? According to the License, I have the Lifetime Key Active. It also says that the version of the theme is 1.58, however on your website, it says the latest version is 1.56 of Moesia Pro, and yet I still receive the message “Your version of Moesia Pro will receive only security updates from this point on. To continue receiving general updates, please get in touch with us over the forums.”

Therefore my question is still the same: Should we update to a new theme/another similar to Moesia Pro? Is there something more responsive, faster, better tuned to iPhone X and Xs Max?

Please advise thanks,
Nicolas

I have solved 90% of this. However, it has been 8 days and I am still waiting for your response.

Hi there,

Really sorry about the delay here, my fault for missing the message I got from my colleague.

Indeed, we need to move you to a different version of Moesia Pro. You can go to your account (https://athemes.com/your-account/) and you’ll be able to download it, it should be near the top of the list.

Before you activate the new one, you’ll need to import the Customizer settings using this plugin. Then you can simply import in the new one.

After the process is done, updates will happen straight from the dashboard, you don’t need redownload every time.

If you feel you need help with this process, just let us know and we’ll be happy to do it for you.

Regards,
Vlad

Thank you, I will begin this process within the next few days. Our website gets thousands of visitors so I don’t want it to be down for too long. Do I import the new theme while the old one is still installed? Anything I need to be aware of prior to moving to the newer version of Moesia Pro. You said the plugin needs to be installed before activating the new theme. Does the plugin also need to be installed first prior to installing the theme without activating it yet?

Hi,

I’m happy to hear your site gets a lot of traffic. As a side note, it’s useful in cases where you can’t afford downtime to have a staging site where you can test things prior to making them live. Your host might have such an option.

Back to your questions. There will not be any downtime. The only thing that will happen is that you won’t have your Customizer settings for about 1 minute or whatever it takes you to import them.

Let me relist the steps in a form that makes more sense:

1. You install and activate the plugin I mentioned. You go to Customize > Import/Export and generate a file there. You send me that file to vlad[at]athemes.com so I can make some changes to it and I’ll send it back to you;
  2. You install the new theme and activate it;
  3. You go again to Customize > Import/Export and import the file I sent you.
  4. It’s done at this point. You check if everything is in order and if you have custom code or whatever that’s causing any issues, you just switch back to the old theme from Appearance > Themes and you let us know.

Regards,
Vlad

1 Like

Thank you, this issue seems to be resolved per this answer, with the following modification:

1. open that file in any text editor (like Notepad on Windows, TextWrangler on Mac) and do a Find&Replace (Ctrl+H in Notepad, ⌘F in TextWrangler) for s:5:"moesia" and replace with s:9:"moesia-pro" . Save the file;

(per another answer on one of your forums)

Is this the correct process? Is s:5 and s:9 correct?

Hi.

That is indeed the principle, though those are not the values.

You will see s:9:"moesia-pro" and you need to change it to s:12:"moesia-pro-ii"
Those numbers are simply the number of characters.

Vlad