Front Page Video (HEADER) matching Blog Page Header

Okay, I have a problem. I have my Front Page set as static to the Front Page. However, the “Thoughts page” (where I’m housing my blog page) is cloning the video I have running on the static front page. I want a different header image on my Blog page however it will not stop cloning the header video from the front page. Please advise. www.StephenPoore.com

I’m sorry, that is not possible. You can deactivate the video header for all pages except the front page but you cannot set an individual header image for the blog page. You can however set individual header images for all other single pages.

Actually, it can be done with just a bit of custom CSS. Please install a custom CSS plugin and add this:

.blog .video-background {
      display: none;
}
.blog .site-header {
     background: url('path/to/your/image.jpg') no-repeat;
     background-size: cover;
}

And replace your image URL.

Great, can you tell me how to deactivate the video on all pages but the front page?

Thanks for your hard work!

Nevermind, the CSS worked great. YOU ARE THE MAN!

Sure, Appearance > Customize > Welcome Area, you’ll see a checkbox there. But please note that if you plan on using the code I gave you’ll need to leave that checkbox as it is. Though we can find a solution even if you deactivate it (tomorrow, as it is close to midnight now).

Ah ok, glad to hear it.