Front Page Stuck on Loading

Hi there, I am experiencing something similar to the issue here Front - Page stuck on load.

When I access elementor to edit the page, the front page doesn’t load. Oddly enough, this problem only occurs for the front pages and the other pages don’t seem to be affected and I don’t remember editing anything that would affect this. I’ve already tried deactivating the plugins that I’m using but this didn’t work. I also changed my theme to the default wordpress theme 2019, and editing with elementor worked fine as the front page loaded, so I believe there is an bug with the Sydney theme. Is there any way this issue can be resolved?

Hello,

I would be glad to help you, but can you please provide a link to your website first?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi,

The website is aiche.seas.ucla.edu. Let me know if the issue can be resolved and if there’s anything I can help with.

Hello, thank you for the link. Did you try to follow these instructions?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi,

I have already done these things and contacted elementor support for potential issues and they redirected the bug to the theme I’m using, Sydney. I think the issue doesn’t lie with elementor because when I change the theme back to the default wordpress theme (2017), there are no issues loading elementor on the front page. Is there someway this issue can be resolved promptly?

Hello,

I couldn’t recreate this issue neither on Sydney demo site nor on my localhost Sydney install, so I don’t think that it’s a Sydney theme issue. Do you get any errors after clicking Edit with Elementor button?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

The first screenshot is when the sydney theme is used, and the loading issue of the front page is evident. But the second screenshot is when the default wordpress theme, 2019, is used and it seems that the front page loads perfectly fine. So yes, the problem occurs when I click Edit with Elementor but I think that this is a Sydney loading issue. I’ve already contacted elementor support and they’ve already taken a look at the issue. I’ve already gone through all the preliminary checks as well as looking through the support forums of Sydney and I’ve seen this issue pop up several times with the sydney theme, and not elementor. This bug is starting to become a nuisance and I want to get this issue resolved promply.

Hello, thank you for the screenshots.

Did you try to switch editor loader method?

Also, as a workaround, you can try to hide the Sydney theme preloader with this CSS code:

body .preloader {
    display: none !important;
}

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi,

I did switch to the editor loader method. I also implemented the CSS code that you listed, and now it works fine, so thank you. A little issue now, but when front page loads, the first slide takes awhile to load (which is understandable), and in its place, the second slide loads first. Is there a way to fix this?

Hello,

A little issue now, but when front page loads, the first slide takes awhile to load (which is understandable), and in its place, the second slide loads first. Is there a way to fix this?

Well, as another workaround, you can disable that CSS code until you need to edit the page next time.

I still think that it’s a server configuration issue, so you can try to recreate your website locally and see if Elementor editor works well, here is a relevant tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello,

I am currently working on recreating the website locally, but is it possible for you to also take a look at it? Some widgets don’t fully load, such as the aThemes employee widget when using elementor.

Hello, I’ve found a potential problem. I made a temporary front page and copy pasted all the sections of the old page onto the new front page and it seems that the “html” widget containing the code for the mailchimp mailing list did not copy and paste. I deleted it and took away the additional css code you’ve provided and elementor and the old front page loads completely fine. Is it possible that the code of the mailing list affected the loading of the front screen?

Hello,

Is it possible that the code of the mailing list affected the loading of the front screen?

Yes, it’s possible. You can double-check the code, sometimes characters might get copied incorrectly.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support