Front page products not display properly

there’s a screenshot… but basically, the products are displaying in a width of roughly one word size…like long and skinny.Got a fix for that?

Also, I am using a products configurator

that likes more room but even on a full page, it’s not spreading out and has overlapped a side menu. I removed any widgets that might be on the side of the page squishing things up but it seems full page is not full page…it keeps the room for widgets which is causing a problem. I note that it is only your theme that does this…and some of the functionality dropped from that configurator when I changed to your theme. BTW, I really like your theme, so I hope this can be solved.
Thanks in advance
MJ

I am having the same issue. There wasn’t a problem until I updated my theme from 1.00 to 1.03. As soon as I refreshed the page after updating, the size of the images in the latest products section on the front page changed. Is there a workaround for this?
Thanks so much!

JT

Hi,

Please post a link to your website ( where you have the issue ) so we can check.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Here’s my website: http://radkomusa.com

Thanks man!

JT

ridetheory.com.au
that’s mine, but I don’t have that skinny image section activated because of the reason i outlined.
The second issue of the cramped page forcing things to overlap is at this link

Thanks alot
MJ

Hi,

You want to change the image size which appears in the Latest Products area? If so, to which size? Now it’s made to be cropped to 400x230px, but the height can differ, if you have other aspect ratio images.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Well, as you see in the screenshot, I am not getting what you claim it to be. This is not wanting a custom size, there is a bug of sorts that is the problem. I don’t know why you don’t see it is displaying incorrectly. Also, there is the other part of the question I took time to ask about and so that would be good if you could address that too. Also, if others start posting responses here about the same problem, it looks like there is a bug but we also don’t know who you are addressing in your answers unless you name us.

It’s just that I’ve taken some time and consideration into all of this and don’t comprehend your answer at all.

Hi mj,

I don’t see the skinny area on your site and not even on Jonathan’s site, so I wasn’t sure that’s the issue, I thought the “LATEST POSTS” thumbnail images are the problem, so @mj please post the area where you have the issue, so I can check, without seeing it, I can’t fix.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I have the same issue with the latest products:

http://robinsonmaple.com/beta/

You can see that the “square” for each product is tall and skinny.

Ok, so I attached a screenshot in my first post and it is very clearly showing what I am talking about. I also very clearly said that i have deactivated this area because of the problem and noted this when I gave you the website address you asked for. Look for the area in the screenshot that says"it’s new"

BTW, if anyone else can clearly see this in my screenshot can you back me up on this because it’s the second round of questions for what I have clearly outlined.

Also, helpers, there is as I keep saying, a second part to my question which has been ignored, can you begin to work with me on this please.

MJ

Csaba, please see the link I posted and this screenshot:

screenshot

This is with a base install of WP and your theme. You can see that whether the product has an image or not doesn’t affect the problem.

Thanks.

~Andrew

So I’ve been digging through the CSS, and in style.css this section affects the size of the latest products padding, but not the thumbnail size etc…

/* Products */
.products-loop .woocommerce ul.products li {
	width: 100% !important;
	margin: 0 !important;
}
.products-loop .owl-item {
	padding: 15px;
}
.products-loop .inner-section {
	padding-left: 15px;
}

If I knew more about CSS I might be able to find the root cause, but so far the above is all I’ve figured out.

Hi mj,

I need to check your site with the issue on it, the screenshot did’t help me, I must inspect the problematic places on your site, to see what is the issue in code ( this is why the screen-shot is not enough ). About the other ( ignored ) part, I suggest to open anew topic about it, or first lets try to fix this one, so what I need is to add the images back to your site, so I can inspect your site’s code to check for the source of the issue.

Best Regards,
Csaba

site now has that section activated.

As for the other thing, just hearing that you wish to address these things separately is better than getting no response.

MJ

Just activated mine as well for troubleshooting. It looks so bad lol.

Thanks for all you do!

JT

Hi guys,

Please try this Custom CSS and let me know how it works:

.woocommerce-page.columns-3 ul.products li.product, .woocommerce.columns-3 ul.products li.product {
    width: 100% !important;
}

Add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Boom! You’re the man Csaba! Thanks bro!

JT

I haven’t got a child theme so went with the recommended plugin, but where would I find it in the dashboard to access it? Also, it hasn’t been tested with my current version of WP.

^can we get an answer for this? Just trying to solve this.

Hi, using this code .woocommerce-page.columns-3 ul.products li.product, .woocommerce.columns-3 ul.products li.product { width: 100% !important; }
makes the product categories way too big and messes up the theme. Is there any other fix?