Front Page Photo with Text

Hi there, I am very new to WP and website building. I have started building my website (www.scienceofhappiness.org.uk) using the Moesia demo content, and would like my main photo to have text over it which slides up, as it does on the demo site (where the copy “Welcome to our site, please have a look around” is layered over the photo). Please can you let me know how to do that or where I can find the steps? Many thanks in advance.

If you go to your dashboard, you will find Appearance > Customize.

It will bring up your website as you customize it. Look at the left bar and find the “Welcome Area.” Type in the title of your website, and then you can add a message. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much, that worked a treat. Is there any way to configure the positioning and font of the welcome message? Ideally I’d like it to be at the bottom right hand corner of the image instead of centred across the middle of the image. Thanks again!

I’m not sure about that since I don’t know how to code. I think the developer could provide you with the code to do that. You may need to start another thread.

Thanks again geewhiz, I’ll do that :wink: