Front page menu linking

Hi,

Loving Moesia and want to pull the trigger on Pro, but can’t seem to figure out how to get the menu to link to the blocks on the front page. That is, so that when someone clicks “Our Offerings” in the menu it’ll scroll down to that, not load an post-looking page. In fact, I can’t figure out how to get the Front Page blocks in the menu period. My WIP: www.senseiproject.com/newsite/

I know on other sites the menu items go to an anchor link which scrolls down to the page, but I can’t figure out how to set that. If Moesia doesn’t have it natively, can it be coded in easily somehow? This is sort of a make-or-break feature since it renders the nav pretty much useless without it.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Chris

Hello,

There is no code needed for this. It’s just a basic feature that works on any website, Wordpress or otherwise.

What you need to do is go to Appearance > Menus and add links from the left panel. In the url field you’ll need to enter the ID of the section you want. For instance, if you want to go to Services you enter #services. You can get IDs with the Chrome debugging tool or something similar.

Some code is needed if you want to add smooth scrolling to this.

Ah, thank you very much! I’m just dipping my toes back into Wordpress after about 5 years, so I appreciate your answering my remedial question. Smooth scrolling is not necessary. Thanks!

thank you