FP portfolio widget not showing pictures

Hi, I enter the new project pages and the pictures are there. As soon as I put in a category they disappear? I am using a Mac. If I preview them on the front page they are there with the title and categories. When I view the live website they don’t show; only the title and categories.
Please, can you help it’s driving me batty!!

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

1 Like

I’ve sorted it. The problem was that the project page was not loading the slug correctly. I deleted it made a new one and the slug appeared in the drop down on the left column. I want to work on the picture size now. What size is best for FP portfolio and what compression size please?

Www. Horseandriderstraightness. Co. Uk

Hello,

I think that something like 1280×800px should be enough.

Regarding the compression, I would kindly suggest you to check this page:
https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/performance/optimizing-content-efficiency/image-optimization

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Cheers. How do I stop the featured image and page title appearing in the project page?
http://horseandriderstraightness.co.uk/projects/workshops-for-riders/
Many thanks

Instead of using project pages with the FP portfolio widget, can I use pages so it synchronises with the menu when I install it?
Many thanks

Hello, try to use the following CSS code in order to hide (not remove) featured image and page title. You’ll have to edit .php template if you want to remove (not hide) it. You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

.single-projects .entry-thumb,
.single-projects .entry-header {
    display: none;
}

Sydney FP: Portfolio widget is designed to work with projects, not pages.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Cheers thanks for that. I like the yoga demo, how does it work? Can I make a duplicate of my site to practise in case I mess up with the demo?

Where does the CSS go? Normally its lower down on the left-hand side of pages? Cheers

HI, I found where to put CSS. :slight_smile:

Hello, Yoga is a child theme of Sydney Pro.

You can rebuild your website in a staging environment or locally, here are helpful tutorials:

Kind Regards, Roman.

I have just created a subdomain, where do I locate Yoga child theme of Sydney Pro, please?

HI. how do I remove the sidebar from a testimonial page, please?
I know that in pages it has a default section where you can remove it on the lefthand side but I can’t find anything like that here.

Hello,

Please create a separate topic for each of your current issues to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you. I’ll close this topic to avoid confusion.

Kind Regards, Roman.