FP: clients widget backlink

Hi,

I am using Sydney (free version) and SiteOrigin pagebuilder on my website. Right now I am working on the SEO (with Yoast SEO), I use the FP: clients widget on my homepage and some of the logo’s have links the the clients websites. I notice that Yoast SEO does not ‘see’ those links as backlinks. It there a way to fix this, to have backlinks to clients webpages for SEO purposes?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Alice

Could you please tell me how you get it, so I can try it on my test site?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I have client names, logo’s and links in the client option on the dashboard. On my homepage I insert a row and insert the FP: clients widget. Yoast SEO tells me there is no outside link on the page. When I put a link in the text editor the message ‘no outside link’ is gone in te Yoast SEO analysis. It is the same with the Social Profile widget. The same ‘no outside link’ message. When I ut a link to a social profile in the text editor, the message is gone.

So, my conclusion was that the Sydney widgets do not ‘see’ the links to outside websites. How can I fix this?

Kind regards, Alice

Hello there,

In theory Clients Widget contains a couple of PHP functions that query clients post type entries depending on the applied settings. The output doesn’t appear in the editor. Maybe Yoast SEO couldn’t recognize links in the content which is wrapped with PHP function. To verify, you could check your page with Link Checker tool.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thank you, I will try that. I will let you know.

Kind regards, Alice