Footer

Hi,

1. On my footer how can I not display the title “SITEMAP”? (Even when I leave the title blank it will show as default “PAGES”)

2. With my pages showing on the footer, there’s a lot of spaces in between each line, how can I remove that?

3. The footer area is taking a lot of space, how can I adjust that?

My website is http://rsenjoylife.com

Regards,

Raymond

Hi,

1. You can hide the widget title by removing the widget’s title in wp-admin / Appearance / Widgets or you can hide it with this Custom CSS:
.footer-widgets .widget-title {
    display: none !important;
}
  1. You can reduce the space between the Sitemap links with this Custom CSS:
.widget-area .widget ul li {
    padding: 0 !important;
}
  1. the footer you can shrink down a bit ( to the limit ) with this Custom CSS:
.widget-area .widget {
    margin-bottom: 0 !important;
}

#sidebar-footer ul {
    margin-bottom: 0 !important;
}

.footer-widgets {
    padding: 0px 5px !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for that, it works.

However with answer 2, the css actually effecting my 2nd footer as well which I do not want to, is it possible to just make changes to the first footer the sitemap?

Just another question I want to ask, in what situation do you use “!important” ?

Regards,

Raymond

Hi,

Ok, for point 2 you can make the CSS to affect only the SiteMap links with this CSS ( please remove the previous one and use only this one ):

#pages-6 ul li {
    padding: 0 !important;
}

I always use !important to be sure to override the default CSS from style.css with the new one, so if you have !important after an attribute it will override the attribute found in style.css of the theme ( this way you can be sure the change you make is taking effect ).

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Yep that work, thanks a lot.

Thanks for the explanation too.

Regards,

Raymond

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba