Footer text

Hi Kharis

i just checked my website footer in internet explorer its still shows proudly powerd by wordpress … as i can see in google chorme is my details how to resolve the issue plz guide

thanks
regards
fatima.s

Dear Fatima,

Thank you for reporting.

Could you please try to clear your browser’s cache?

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis it works in explorer…one confusion still there i edit this line in my parent theme footer.php but rite now i checked it and it still showing proudly powerd by wordpress… in footer.php i also want to add one more line in footer for some reason but am afraid any changes can harm my website so need guidance.

thanks

regards
fatima.s

Dear Fatima,

Thank you for updating me.

It isn’t recommended to edit the parent theme’s files.

If you have copied the footer.php file into you child theme, the WordPress system won’t execute the footer.php in the parent theme any more. It always looks for the one existing in the child theme. There is no reason to edit the parent theme’s files. All modifications must be done in the child theme’s instead.

> … i also want to add one more line in footer for some reason but am afraid any changes can harm my website so need guidance.

If you want to add a couple of PHP code, make sure it is error free. You would need to check it here to know whether it possibly contains an error or no.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, Thanks for quick reply my child theme have not files just stylesheet (style.css) and i have no idea how to copy that …any plugin that helps to edit footer without risking any thing

thanks
regards

fatima.s

Dear Fatima,

Please download our Sydney child theme here. I hope it helps.

Regards,
Kharis

sorry i dont understand but i already have child theme made my website in it

hi, Kharis, am afraid to my little knowledge about it… if i again install the child theme i will loose my website can u plz help to resolve it

thanks

regards

fatima.s

Dear Fatima,

I would be glad to help. If you’re not sure, I’d suggest you to do full backup. If you can’t, your hosting support might be able to assist.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,Kharis I still don’t understand what I suppose to do after downloading the child theme…is there any way to copy footer.php file to my current child theme.

Thanks
Regards
Fatima.s

Hi Kharis, How to copy footer.php to child theme plz guide.

regards

fatima.s

1. Open parent theme folder. Find footer.php file, right click on it, select “Copy”
  2. Open child theme folder. Right click, then “Paste”

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis for reply this problem really is a headache for me i cant get the corner to start do i hv to go to my cpanel then wp content … and then parent theme…then child theme to copy file i actually very confused i made backup of my website just simply want to make proper my footer text …if i do this way like copy and paste then php file then edit in is that ok plz let me know advance apologies for too many questions.

thanks
regards

fatima.s

Dear Fatima,

I would recommend you to work locally on your PC/Mac. It will give you more flexibility moving a file from one folder to another. You can update the changes you’ve done by uploading footer.php file to your web hosti server via FTP client software. Please go to the following links for more comprehensive guidance:

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

(1) I just copied the footer.php from parent theme to my child theme the file contains all the contents of footer.php (parent theme) now i dont know exactly what i suppose to do apply all changes do i have to edit the contents in footer.php or delete all and then write anything i dont know how and what

(2) after editing the footer.php do i need any css code to apply changes in website plz help

thanks
Regards
fatima.s

Dear Fatima,

> 1

You should edit the particular part which you wish to display your own text.

> 2

Based on your initial question, I thought you don’t have to apply any additional CSS code.

Regards,
Kharis