Footer on child theme

Hi there,

Every time I update the theme, the text of the footer “Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Sydney by aThemes” keeps showing, even though I have personalised it a couple of times.

To prevent that to keep happening, When I try to change it in style.css of child theme, it never gets updated.

Could you please share what the code should be so it just shows "Pushing Borders"
this is the web: http://www.pushingborders.com/

Thanks a lot

Regards

On pro version, it can be easily done in the customizer. On free one, you have to edit it with a child theme. Replicate/copy the footer.php file from parent theme, and then paste it into child theme. You’ll see the below code block:

<div class="site-info container">
	<a href="<?php echo esc_url( __( 'http://wordpress.org/', 'sydney' ) ); ?>"><?php printf( __( 'Proudly powered by %s', 'sydney' ), 'WordPress' ); ?></a>
	<span class="sep"> | </span>
	<?php printf( __( 'Theme: %2$s by %1$s.', 'sydney' ), 'aThemes', '<a href="https://athemes.com/theme/sydney" rel="designer">Sydney</a>' ); ?>
</div><!-- .site-info -->

change it with:

<div class="site-info container">
	<span>Your custom credit text goes here.</span>
</div><!-- .site-info -->

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

In my child theme I couldn’t find that text you mentioned to be replaced

The content.php is the only file containing info, and this is what is there:

<?php
/**

• @package Sydney
    */
    ?>

<article id=“post-<?php the_ID(); ?>” <?php post_class(); ?>>

&lt;?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() &amp;&amp; ( get_theme_mod( 'index_feat_image' ) != 1 ) ) : ?&gt;
	&lt;div class="entry-thumb"&gt;
		<a>" title="&lt;?php the_title(); ?&gt;"&gt;&lt;?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?&gt;</a>
	&lt;/div&gt;
&lt;?php endif; ?&gt;

&lt;header class="entry-header"&gt;
	&lt;?php the_title( sprintf( '&lt;h2 class="title-post"&gt;<a href="%s" rel="bookmark">', esc_url( get_permalink() ) ), '</a>&lt;/h2&gt;' ); ?&gt;

&lt;?php if ( 'post' == get_post_type() &amp;&amp; get_theme_mod('hide_meta_index') != 1 ) : ?&gt;
	&lt;div class="meta-post"&gt;
		&lt;?php sydney_posted_on(); ?&gt;
	&lt;/div&gt;&lt;!-- .entry-meta --&gt;
	&lt;?php endif; ?&gt;
&lt;/header&gt;&lt;!-- .entry-header --&gt;

&lt;div class="entry-post"&gt;
	&lt;?php if ( (get_theme_mod('full_content_home') == 1 &amp;&amp; is_home() ) || (get_theme_mod('full_content_archives') == 1 &amp;&amp; is_archive() ) ) : ?&gt;
		&lt;?php the_content(); ?&gt;
	&lt;?php else : ?&gt;
		&lt;?php the_excerpt(); ?&gt;
	&lt;?php endif; ?&gt;

&lt;?php
		wp_link_pages( array(
			'before' =&gt; '&lt;div class="page-links"&gt;' . __( 'Pages:', 'sydney' ),
			'after'  =&gt; '&lt;/div&gt;',
		) );
	?&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;&lt;!-- .entry-post --&gt;

&lt;footer class="entry-footer"&gt;
	&lt;?php sydney_entry_footer(); ?&gt;
&lt;/footer&gt;&lt;!-- .entry-footer --&gt;

</article><!-- #post-## -->

Any suggestion?

Hello there,

The file that you should modify is footer.php. Copy this file from parent theme, and then paste it into your child theme’s folder. And then start editing from there.

Regards,
Kharisk

All sorted now