Footer Issues

1. My footer is not showing, I have installed some widegets to see if it would change the matter but has not.

2. I need the code to change the footer color and fonts please.

3. How do I remove the “Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: TheShop by aThemes”

Thank you

How do I remove the “Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: TheShop by aThemes”

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, so we can give you a correct Custom CSS to change those things.

Best Regards,
Csaba

remove the “Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: TheShop by aThemes” in website http://maquinaria.gesega.com/

I would also like to configure the related products section in 3 columns

Hi,

You can remove the footer text with this Custom CSS:

.site-info {
    display: none !important;
}

or you can hide the whole footer with this Custom CSS:

.site-footer {
    display: none !important;
}

You can make your products to be 3 columns with this Custom CSS ( this also have some other fixes regarding the appearance of the related products ):

.woocommerce ul.products li.product, .woocommerce-page ul.products li.product {
    float: none !important;
    display: inline-block !important;
    margin-right: 10px !important;
    margin-bottom: 15px !important;
}

If you have Child Theme already setup, then add the above CSS to the Child Theme’s style.css file or you can also you use this plugin to add the CSS: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

thanks works perfect!
to think of it in the footer I would put a custom text.
by example:

Diseño Web y Corporativo copyright gesega.com realizado mediante tecnología Wordpress template the shop by athemes

Thanks for your quick answer

Hi,

So you want to use an other text, instead of hiding it? Please let me know.

Best Regards,
Csaba

@Csaba, you are awesome. the code worked to remove the footer, but I would like to know how I could keep their text hidden but I want to replace the content with my own information. Editing the footer file itself doesn’t work. Can you please help me?

Hello @cashkia,

You have to find <?php do_action('theshop_footer'); ?> in your footer.php file and replace it with your text.

You can override footer.php in your child theme for permanent change, or edit it in Appearance -> Editor and repeat it after every theme update.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
It’s always better to create your own topic for your question.

Sorry @roman, I figured my problem was similar. That’s why I didn’t create a new topic. Anyhow…your suggestion didn’t work. I can’t seem to change the text. When I use @csaba suggestion, it removes it, but then I can’t add any additional text. When I try to just comment it out, it still shows up as if it’s hard coded somewhere. If I can’t put a copyright line there, that’s fine…I just won’t have one. I appreciate all your help though. You guys rock!

One last question @cashkia, did you remove @csaba’s code before applying my suggestion?

I am asking because my suggestion has to delete default footer text and add yours.

And if you use both, it won’t work.

Kind Regards, Roman.

@roman, yes I deleted @csaba’s code first. It still didn’t work. :frowning:

@cashkia,

It might be caching issue, please try to delete your browser cache and WordPress cache (if you have some caching plugin installed).

In very rare cases it can be server-side caching, if your hosting provider use aggressive caching.

Also I would suggest you to reinstall the theme and try again, I tested this solution on my localhost and it works for me (you have to replace the whole string, not only the function in php tags).

Sincerely, Roman.