Footer disappeared

Hi,

My site is www.riihonmajatalo.fi. Just noticed that my footer has disappeared from the whole site. I can see under the Appearance that I have set 4 columns into the footer and there are different menus set to those columns and a video link. All those are gone and I can’t figure it out what’s that causing this issue. Can you help me with that?

Cheers,

mikko

Hello Mikko,

You can try to temporarily deactivate all your plugins except Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder by SiteOrigin, and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

And thank you for your answer. I have already done all that. I have had all the other plugins deactivated except those two you suggested to leave activated. The footer still remains not visual. What I can see is that Sydney toolbox has a warning message that the plugin has not been tested with my current version of WordPress. Could this be the reason? If not, what can I try next?

Cheers,

Mikko

Hello Mikko,

How did you set 4 columns in footer?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

It’s been set (earlier / when I started to develop the site) through Appearance -> Footer -> Four is set

When I got and see the menus in the footer:

Appearance -> Widgets -> Footer 1 (empty - not sure if it’s meant to be empty or if the content is got lost), Footer 2 (Navigation menu 2: Herkuttele (ok), Footer 2 Navigation menu: Kuvat ja yhteydet (ok) and Navigation menu (legal suff in it - ok), Footer 4: Sydney Contact info: Yhteystiedot (ok) and Sydney: Video (ok)

What makes it weird (at least for a non techie like me), when I run tests like GTMetrix or Pingdomg, I get some results showing the Youtube video (which is supposed to be in the footer) is active. I get suggestions like: ”Combine external CSS”, ”Combine external JavaScript” etc and in those are youtube.com http://youtube.com/ precent. Who is that possible if the part of the page is missing where the YouTube is embedded?

Thanks Roman,

Mikko

Hello Mikko,

Try to add something into Footer 1 widget area and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thank you for the answer. That fixed the issue : ) Any idea why I have lost the content in the Footer 1 widget? I have had no need to remove the content because it’s a vital part of it. Is there any chance that this might have happened due to some update or similar?

Than you so much!

Mikko

Hello Mikko, you are welcome!

I’m not sure why it happened, unfortunately.

Kind Regards, Roman.