Footer Credit not updating

I have a custom footer credit in sydney pro. I created it in Customizing - Sydney Pro Options - Footer Credits. The credit has a copyright date of 2016 that I want to update to 2017. I edit the text box, click on the Save & Publish button and it changes to Saved. However the changes are not saved. The date remains 2016.

I have tried several times. Sometimes, but not always, when I click on the X to leave the customizing sidebar I get a warning that asking me if I want to leave this page. Some of my changes may be lost.

I looked at some other post threads about footer credits and Deactivating and activating the Header and Footer Scripts plugin.

the footer can be seen at www.donaldlandwirth.com

Thank you.

Hello @dlandwir,

Please temporarily deactivate all your plugins except Sydney Toolbox, Page Builder by SiteOrigin, Crelly Slider, and try to update it once again.

Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Also you might want to check this tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman,

Thank you that worked. I will look into creating the staging environment. Its been something I’ve been meaning to do now that I’m being more active with the site so, thanks for the link to the article.

Also, I already do regular backups through cPanel’s Installtron app.

Thanks again,

Donald

Great! You are welcome Donald :slight_smile:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello! I have the same problem but plugins deactivations does’t help me. I still can’t change the footer info. Where is the problem? 04 website eprons.lv. thanks

Hello,

Please create a new topic for your issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you. I’ll close this topic to avoid confusion.

Kind Regards, Roman.