Footer area - social network icons not centered

Hi guys,

First of all, I wanted to tell you how thankful I am for such an amazing WP theme! I am a complete newbie and I love how easy Sydney is to manage even for beginners like me :slight_smile:

I am facing a weird issue, I hope you will be able to help me with it. My website is www.catapart.fr

I’d like to have social icons in the Footer area. Unfortunately the position of the icons is a bit off. They seem to be centered instead of being aligned with the title “Réseaux Sociaux”. Is this because social icons are always centered by default (as in the Social Networks block on the front page)?
Is it possible to change this so my icons are aligned properly in the Footer?

I checked on my phone and tablet and I seem to have the same issue.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi,

The social widget is meant only for front page use, within the page builder. So you shouldn’t use it in the footer. But you’ll find plenty of plugin alternatives for this.

Also, you should assign the Front Page template to your front page, not the Full Width one.

Aaaah gotcha! Thanks Vlad, I’ll try with another plugin.

Also thanks for letting me know about the Front Page template vs. Full Width. I’ve made the change but don’t see much difference though… What is the difference?

In your case it removes the page title, some paddings that aren’t needed for the front page, comments - which I think you had disabled anyway. Stuff like that.

The page title!! that’s right, I was wondering how to remove it :wink: Thanks a bunch Vlad!