Font Awesome Issue with Sydney Pro Theme

Hello AThemes,

I am currently experiencing an issue with Font Awesome Icons showing in the Sydney Pro Theme. I have created a services page and when I copy and paste an icon from the Font Awesome icon cheatsheet it design show up once the page has been updated and refreshed. I can get some to show but not the ones that represent truly represent the service area.

I have read through past issue topics and I have downloaded the plugin better font awesome and that doesn’t allow the icon to go in the theme circle for the services page. Please help.

What seems to be the problem?

Thanks,
L

Hello L,

Please share a link to your site where I can inspect your icons code.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharisblank,

Here is a link to our staging site. We have icons there but its NOT the ones we want. We want to use couch, smile, martini glass, handshake and gem. None of those would work. For example decor the icon of an umbrella doesn’t represent that, we would prefer a couch. Do you need to see it with the icons that don’t work?

Please let me know ASAP.
Thanks,
L

Do you know the exact class names of them? Also please share their links, for example: https://fontawesome.com/icons/hands-helping?style=solid.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Yes, I have the exact names they are as follows:

fa-couch
fa-lightbulb
fa-paint-brush
fa-tasks
fa-wineglass
fa-martini
fa-glass-martini

Currently I have tried to use couch and lightbulb and they are blank on the site http://www.staging.vagencyevents.com/

Hello there,

Please try adding this code to your child theme’s functions.php file. Or you can use a functionality plugin like Code Snippets if you don’t want to run a child theme.

/**
     * Unload default Fontawesome
     */
    function sydney_pro_child_remove_default_fontawesome() {

wp_dequeue_style( 'sydney-font-awesome' );

}
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'sydney_pro_child_remove_default_fontawesome', 999 );

/**
     * Load new Fontawesome over CDN
     */
    function sydney_pro_child_add_fontawesome_free_cdn() {
    	?>
    	<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.13/css/all.css" integrity="sha384-DNOHZ68U8hZfKXOrtjWvjxusGo9WQnrNx2sqG0tfsghAvtVlRW3tvkXWZh58N9jp" crossorigin="anonymous">
    	<?php
    }
    add_action('wp_head', 'sydney_pro_child_add_fontawesome_free_cdn'); 

Before reloading your site, clear any applied cache, as it usually prevents new code addition to take effect.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Which is more simple the plug in or child theme? I assume a plug in. Once I add the plugin I just copy all the code? I need clear instructions because I am not a coder or web developer.

I strongly encourage you to use plugin one as it’s easier for non coder.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I have added the plugin, now what? How does this plug in relate to font awesome and the location where I need the icons to be? The icons are throughout the site. Please provide step by step instructions.

Thanks,
L

Hello L,

From your dashboard menu, click on Snippets, then Add New. Enter title and paste the code I’ve suggested to Code box. On Scope settings, select “Only run on site front-end”, then hit the Save Changes button.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

The code WORKED, : ))))) thank you so much.

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis