Font Awesome icon codes

Hi,

I notice from other posts that there is a recognized issue with the new font awesome icon codes - they are not recognized by the Sydney theme. I have tried loading the WP Better FA plugin but this does not solve the problem as suggested.

This is a pretty key aspect of the design for the Services widget - can you confirm when it will be fixed? I changed my services section not knowing there was an issue and now I have two services with an icon and one with an empty circle - I really need a solid heart in there! - not looking great at the moment!

Feedback appreciated :smiley:

Hello there,

What class name do use?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi there, I was using the new codes which are under the link supplied in the widget (last year that page had codes starting fa- on it). Someone has helped me though. I wanted the heart, the code is currently listed under the link as f004, but I was advised the old code was fa-heart, which still works. Maybe the link in the widget could be redirected to a listing of the old designations if they are still active?

Thanks for getting back to me!

fa-heart class name is displaying fine in the FA script version included in the current version of Sydney.

Where did you get that class name? In which version does it belong to?

Regards,
Kharis

Hey there

I was advised to use the old coding for the FA icons to work which did the trick. A year ago when I set up my website, the link in the services widget led to an FA page that had all the icons listed with codes all starting fa-. Now that page has completely different codes which don’t seem to work with Sydney. ie the heart icon works with fa-heart (old code), currently the page under the link in the widget lists the heart as f004, this doesn’t work. . .

Hope that’s clear!

Cheers, Janine

Hi there! I am having the same issue. I already tried using the plugin but nothing seems to work. I have the services on my home page and only the middle service has the icon being displayed. I tried installing the app but it is still the same. Anybody has any update? Thanks

Hello there,

Please try including the latest script of Font Awesome with a child theme. Visit this thread that’ll tell you how to do so.

Regards,
Kharis