Finance child theme

Hi all,

I am setting up a new site and really wanted to use the setup as shown at http://demo.athemes.com/finance/

I ran through the whole setup and imported the finance files using the information at https://athemes.com/sydney-pro-demo-files/ and what I got looks nothing like the demo.

Can anyone advise on what I need to do to get this layout working?

My site isn’t live but if you add the following to your hosts file you can have a look:
69.90.162.50 www.armsonline.ca
69.90.162.50 armsonline.ca

Did you do automatic import? Please read this quick start guide once again.

http://docs.athemes.com/article/242-quick-start-guide-sydney-pro

Were the elements partially missing?

Regards,
Kharis

I followed the guide step by step.

The main background image didn’t show up and the layout isn’t the same as the demo.

I’ve been playing with it and am slowly getting it the way I want it.

Hello there,

To inspect why it’s happened to you, I need an admin access to your site. If you want, I can set it up for you directly.

For security reason, share the username and password to kharisblank@gmail.com. Mention the link to this topic to signal you’ve come here.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

I had this problem too, but I just wanted to install the Yoga.
Can you look at mine as well?

Regards,
Gergely

Hello Gergely,

To setup Yoga site width Sydney Pro 2, firstly you’re required to install the Sydney Pro 2 theme and activate all recommended plugins. Then install and activate One Click Demo plugin, Widget Importer & Exported and Customizer Export/Import plugins. Afterwards, install and activate the Yoga child theme which you get it from your aThemes account; Then Go to Appearance > Import Demo Data.

Regards,
Kharis

I have the site setup as I wish now. The import didn’t work as indicated.

Thanks for the offer!

Works, thank you!
It was a problem of using an old (1.57) Sydney template! :frowning:

Great!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello there,

Please reach me over email at kharisblank@gmail.com and share the working admin login credentials. In your email body, mention the link to this topic to signal it’s a continuation of this conversation.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

I wonder where can I download the sydney pro demos from?

Every time i try to access the link https://athemes.com/sydney-pro-demo-files/ it asks me to log in but Im already logged in.

I did all the process of installing Sydney Pro in Wordpress and then the plug in “One Click Demo Import”. But, when i choose to import theme, it didnt show all the other child themes for Sydney but instead it only installed the standard Demo.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hello there,

If you wish to use Sydney Pro child themes, first you should download the child theme package, then install and activate it on your site. As child theme is actually a separate theme that inherits parent theme’s styles and features. We can also add some extras with it. Check out this docs, in case you’ve missed it. Go here for pre-made demos.

Regards,
Kharis

I did all the process but I only get the standard child theme and when i try to see all the other demos i get this message when I open the page:

Sydney Pro demo files
If you’re already a customer please login to view this page. If you’d like to gain access please go here to purchase Sydney Pro.

Have you tried to log into your account page?

Regards,
Kharis

Yes, Im logged in all the time.

Now i could see the content of the link but when I use the plugin it doesn’t show me the different options.

Hi there,

So first you need to download and install the child theme.
Then, with the import plugin you’ll only get a single option to import, because the child theme is setup to import only the content for the Finance demo.

Vlad

One thing I cannot understand is that, the Finance theme is installed and activated but when i go to import demo data it shows only the option to import the “default Sydney Pro demo” and I don’t want it. I did it and it is the classic demo version, not the finance. Im really struggling to get this thing done…

What I really need is to have widgets that show in the first page of Finance.
Anyone willing to help me?