Featured Image

Some of my featured images look great in the categories list and the home page. With the hover zoom feature working after I resized the image.

Unfortunately Not all of my images work correctly. The picture will be partially zoomed in to begin with and then zoom even further when you hover.
Some a squares, some are 16:9, and some are the poster like ratio I want.

How do I fix the images so they all display correctly?
Thank you.

Here is my site http://www.wewatchedyourstupidmovie.com

Hello John,

Please try to use the same image in post and as featured image.

For example, currently you have two different images for Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, this and this.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

It did not solve the problem. However I swapped out the terminator photo with a different picture and it recognized the correct layout.

Is there a specific ratio it needs to detect to pick the right display mode? Or is there some code I can change to lock it in a certain mode?

Thank you.

Hello John,

I don’t think that there should be some specific ratio, just the same image.

I can see that Terminator post is using the same image, that’s why it’s okay, but Kung Paw is still using different images, that’s why it still isn’t okay.

Please try to re-upload that picture and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I reloaded it as a single picture and it didn’t work.
I resized and scaled and it didn’t work. Even when I upload new photos it will pick random orientations.

With my first two pictures I resized them and it changed to portrait but these ones won’t.

What is it that determines the orientation?

So I sort of fixed it. I rescaled the images on a separate program instead of Word press’s built in scaler. If I set the width to 256 pixels it will it will pick the right orientation.

I have two other photos that are slightly larger with a hight of 864 and those scaled correctly. But others with those dimensions will not.

So I got it to work but if you could explain what determines the orientation that would be helpful then I could upload better quality photos. Cause 256 px is a little smaller than I’d like to use.

Thank you

Hello John,

Looks like your issue requires extensive debugging, this goes beyond our support policy.

As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.