Featured Image Display

I’m having an interesting issue, I hope someone can help me with.

I do not use the Featured Image option in the Fashionistas theme to display images in my posts. Mostly because the default display is too large and I cannot align them the way I like. Instead, I created a custom field option called “featuredImg,” which displays things just the way I like.

Here’s my problem though, I am using the WPTouch mobile plugin and the theme I want to use has a Slider option that only uses the Featured Image option native to the Fashionista theme. And while I can add a Featured Image and have it not display in the article on a “single” page, it does however display on my home page, something I do not want.

Now, what I want to be able to do is add a Featured Image that will be picked up by my mobile theme’s Slider, but not actually show up anywhere in on my site.

I hope that made sense and I hope someone can help.

Hi Abbie,

As you are not going to use the featured image in any way, you can take the code off the theme using a child theme. Use of child theme is important as it will make sure the changes you have made remain intact even after the parent theme is updated.

Now copy the content.php file to the child theme and edit the line number 22 which reads

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) : ?>

to

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() && ( get_theme_mod( 'athemes_post_img' ) ) ) : ?>

and then go to Appearance >> customize >> Single posts/pages and keep the option which says " Check this box to show featured images on single posts" unchecked and save it.

Hope it helps!!

Thanks

Thank you for your help. I haven’t tried it yet. I haven’t dealt with a child theme before. I’m still trying to figure my way through it.

You are welcome Abbie.

Follow the link for the child theme and you would get some insight.

Thank you again. I got everything up and running just the way I like :slight_smile:

Glad it helped :slight_smile: