Fatal Error when updating the theme

Hello, when updating the Sydney-theme from 1.71 to 1.78 I get a “Fatal Error” on my Wordpress-Site:

Fatal error : Uncaught TypeError: call_user_func_array(): Argument #1 ($function) must be a valid callback, class “sydney-toolbox” not found in /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:303 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters() #1 /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-includes/plugin.php(470): WP_Hook->do_action() #2 /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-admin/plugins.php(193): do_action() #3 {main} thrown in /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 303

I tried to uninstall the plugin first, that either haven’t worked. My Wordpress-Version is 5.8.

What can I do? I can’t find a solution in the internet.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Moritz

Hello,

First thanks for using our theme!

Please try downloading the latest version of Sydney Toolbox plugin here:

Then, through FTP replace the plugin folder with the downloaded in the above link. The plugins folder is located at “wp-content/plugins/” in our WP installation. You need replace the “wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/” wit the new downloaded.

Do the same with the theme. Download the latest version here:

The themes folder is located at “wp-content/themes/” in our WP installation. You need replace the “wp-content/themes/sydney/” wit the new downloaded.

If you don’t know how to handle with FTP, here’s a good article explaining:

Please try that and let us know if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello rodrigo,

thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately I can’t access the FTP of our client. I deleted all files of the plugin and theme in the Wordpress-backend. I also turned off the Cache-Plugins with Minify-CSS and so. But I still get an fatal error:

Fatal error : Uncaught TypeError: call_user_func_array(): Argument #1 ($function) must be a valid callback, class “sydney-toolbox” not found in /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:303 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters() #1 /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-includes/plugin.php(470): WP_Hook->do_action() #2 /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-admin/plugins.php(193): do_action() #3 {main} thrown in /home/www/public_html/cattalk/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 303

Do you have an other idea? Feel free to ask anything if you need some further informations.

Best,
moritz

Hi Moritz,

I am sorry for the delay in response.

I need more information to find out the root of the problem.

• Which version of WordPress are you running? Is it the latest?
  • Is your site on localhost or live?
  • Can you share a link to your website, so I can check?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

thank you for your reply.

• I use Wordpress 5.8 (so the latest one)

• The Site is live

• Sure, the site is https://cattalk.de

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,
Moritz

Hi Moritz,

Thank you for getting back along with the information as requested.

Please go to your site’s plugins screen (Dashboard > Plugins), check the Sydney Toolbox plugin and ensure its version is the latest. If not, I’d recommend updating it. Then try updating the theme once again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Khakis,

i have the latest version of Sydney Toolbox. It’s Version 1.16. At least there is no notification that I have to update this plugin. When I update the theme I get the “Fatal Error”.

Best,
Moritz

Hi Moritz,

I did further checking with my test site an I can’t replicate the same issue.

Please try:

1. Disabling and removing the Sydney Toolbox;
  2. Update the theme;
  3. Install the Sydney Toolbox from Plugins > Add New menu.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hey Khakis,

that’s what I tried all the time, but then I get the fatal Error. Is there maybe another plugin that can affect that error?

Best,
moritz