Fatal Error After Upgrade to WP 5.2

Good day,

My site is down after upgrading to WP 5.2 from WP 5.1.1. I entered WP recovery mode and it says “Theme could not be resumed because it triggered a fatal error.” I attached a screenshot of the error page. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Again,

To add to the mystery. I have 4 sites running Perth Pro. 3 are down, 1 is up. The 1 that is up I haven’t worked on as much, but I am not really sure what the difference between them could be?

Thanks

Based on your screenshot, the main Perth Pro theme doesn’t present in there. Have you uploaded it?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for the reply. Perth Pro is installed, if you look at the bottom where it says “Broken Themes” you can see where it says it is “paused” since it failed to load.

I loaded a backup onto my website and reverted back to WP 5.1.1. It shows Perth Pro on there now since it is not “Broken.” Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Hello there,

Is your site running under multisite network? If so, you should contact your network administrator to fix it.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network#Allow_Multisite

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

No my site is not running under multisite network.

Hello there,

What will happen if you reinstall the Perth Pro theme. Before doing so, you have to remove the existing one manually via FTP program or folder explorer in cPanel.

Regards,
Kharis