Falscher Name bei Bestellbestätigung und Kontoeröffnung

Hallo Support,

seit ca. 2 Monaten wird bei einer Bestellung oder auch bei einer Kontoeröffnung ein falscher Name angezeigt: Dort steht immer: Hallo Jannik

Wir haben schon die Vorlagen ergänzt, dennoch kommt dieser Name immer wieder vor und wir wissen nicht, woher er den Namen zieht!?

Können Sie uns bitte helfen?!

Fehler bei Namen|622x408

Beste Grüße
Ute Tuleweit

Hello Ute,

I used Google Translate to translate your message, here is what I got:

Wrong name when confirming order and opening an account

For about 2 months now, an incorrect name has been displayed when placing an order or opening an account: It always says: Hello Jannik

We have already supplemented the templates, but this name always occurs and we do not know where it gets the name from !?

Could you please help us?!

It looks like you have tried to upload a screenshot, but I don’t see it, unfortunately. Can you please try to post it once again?

And can you please provide a link to your website in order to let me check it? You can use some link shortener if you don’t want to leave the link to your site in this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman, thanks for your quick reply. I try again with the screenshot. The site is from my customer: https://bottomsupbier.com/

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards, Ute
Fehler bei Namen

Hello Ute, thank you for the link and screenshot.

Did you try to deactivate all your plugins except WooCommerce?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

this is a message from Wordpress WooCommerce:

Your topic (TheShop) relates to the variety of WooCommerce template files. These tasks may need to be performed to ensure their compatibility with the political version of WooCommerce. Troubleshoot interests:

Update your topic to the new version. If an update is not possible, ask questions about compatibility with the future version of WooCommerce and the author of your topic.
If you have copied a template file to change something, you must copy the new version of the template and keep your rights.

My customer uses TranslatePress - Multilingual to translate the page into English. So far, there have been no problems. I had already deactivated plugins and then tested them. But the problem with the wrong name remained.

I hope the hint about the Theme The Shop might help you solve the problem?! :wink:

Kind Regards Ute

Hello Ute,

Did you try to activate a default theme (for example Twenty Twenty), and see if it helps?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

yes, with the Tewnty Tewnty Theme the title “Hallo Jannik” appears with the order confirmation. I can’t understand that at the moment. Very strange.

I haven’t had any other shop.

Kind Regards Ute

Hi Roman,

We switched off the TranslatePress - Multilingual plugin and now it works with the correct name. :partying_face:

Kind Regards Ute

1 Like

Great, and thank you for sharing that Ute!

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support