Extra widget area - inline widgets

Hi there,

I’m trying to have several widgets within the extra widget area (a currency changer and a language changer), I’ve taken good notes of previous advice given here on how to manage the padding of this widget, but what I’d like to do is to have them side by side rather than one on top of the other as it seems to be the default.

To be even more precise, I’d like to have one alined left, the other alined right.

Thanks a million in advance!

b.

Hello,

I would be glad to help you, but can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I actually worked around it by simply putting the widgets in a row I created, so there’s nothing to show anymore I’m afraid and it’s not perfect as I have to re-create the row on every page.
That being said, my first message plainly said what was happening: the Sidney Pro customizing console doesn’t let you do much with the extra widget area and the widgets stack themselves on top of each other by default, no obvious way to place or align them like you would on a normal row.
For future reference, I’d love to know if there’s a way to do this.
Thanks!
b.

Looking at your support board, it might be simpler put this way: I was expecting the header extra widget area to function like the footer widget area, where there can be up to 4… Am I to understand that the extra widget area is meant to receive only one widget?
Cheers,
b.

Hello,

I think that the easiest way is to use row, just like you did, as far as I understand. Footer actually has multiple widget areas to display columns, but each column (separate widget area) stacks widgets. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Many thanks for your answer, knowing limits is a good thing too.
I have one question left, however, and that is:
Since I’m now relying on a row, id there a way I can assign that row on every one of my site’s pages or to a selected number of them without having to re-create one by one that row on each page?

Thank you!

By the way, if that helps, here’s the site: https://www.atelier-aknas.fr

b.

Hello,

I checked your website and noticed that you add that row in the content area. You can enable Extra widget area in Appearance → Customize → Sydney Pro: Extra options → Extra widget area section, and add that row there using SiteOrigin Layout Builder widget.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman,

It’s so obvious I’m a bit upset I didn’t think of it before reading your answer… :slight_smile:

Cheers!

b.

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.