Extra page titles showing in responsive layouts - Normal?

Hello, first time poster. Hope to get some direction.

I just inherited a site with Sydney as its theme. The issue we’re finding now is that when you look at the site in smaller layouts, 1024x768 or smaller, the title of the page/post shows up as plain text at the very top of the page. We don’t want that, we want it to just be responsive without adding the title to the top.

I’ve scoured all the settings I could find, tried to figure out where it’s coming from but can’t figure it out yet.

I thought I’d ask in case this is a Sydney thing or you know how to remove those. We want the title to just be part of the content as most other themes behave.

Any pointers?

Here’s a screenshot of what I mean.

I guess I should clarify that we don’t want the title showing because it’s part of the content later on, so not only does it take a good chunk of real estate at the top, but it also is repeated. We want to keep only the stylized title (not shown in the screenshot above).

Here’s an example:

I’d like to only show the title that is below in this screenshot.

When I was using Chrome inspector, I was able to find the title I want to remove, but there is no css associated with it that I can modify…

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I would be glad to help you, but can you please provide a link to an affected page?

Kind Regards, Roman.