Excerpt lenght not working

Hi there, I’m trying to show only the excerpt of my post in the lastest news widget on the front page and in the posts page.
in: Appearance > Customize > Blog options > i have set the excerpt length in the input field that says “Excerpt lenght" and un-check “Check this box to display the full content of your posts on the home page” and un-check the “Check this box to display the full content of your posts on all archives”.

My page is www.clarityaudio.cl

i couldn’t find an answer searching in the forum.

Cheers !

Hello there,

Basically, the excerpt length limit only works with the text inserted in the main text editor. When the text found in the Excerpt box, the length limit won’t apply. It isn’t an issue to resolve as the WordPress system works that way.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply, i’m a total beginner with this, so i’m sorry if my questions are obvious.
which one is the excerpt box ? This means i accidentally wrote the content of my post in the except box ?
Do you mean i shouldn’t use the page builder ?

Thanks again !

Please see this screenshot.

Cloudup

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you so much again for the reply,
So, my excerpt box was hidden, but this is how one of my posts is written:

Again, i’m sorry if all of this is obvious.

Cheers !

Hi there,
I’m so sorry, i had a plugin for custom excerpt working.
Please forgive me for wasting your time, i promise i’ll pay more attention next time.

Cheers and thanks again.

In the excerpt box, enter this content:

Your excerpt text goes here. <a href="http://yoursite.com/link-to-your-post">Read more</a>

Regards,
Kharis