Errors in Google Search Console structured data

Hi,

First, thank you for a very nice theme. Simple and clean with good functionality.

I noticed that the Astrid theme give structured data errors on google search console.
By adding the following lines to the entry-header in the content-page.php it can be fixed.

<span class="date updated published"><?php the_time( get_option('date_format') ); ?></span>
                <span class="vcard author author_name"><span class="fn"><?php the_author(); ?></span></span>

Instructions: https://riseofweb.com/wordpress-google-webmaster-tools-structured-data-error-hentry/

Best Regards,
Tomas.

Hello Tomas,

I think that it’s normal for pages not to have those attributes.

Did you try to test it with a default theme (for example Twenty Seventeen)?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I did try it with Twenty Seventeen and it seem you are right that it does not exist there either.

However, I am not using Twenty Seventeen, I’m using your great theme :wink:

The issue is that google search console does not index the pages with errors and, i presume, this will give the site lower SEO. I can edit the template locally for myself, I just gave the suggested lines to you if you wish to make your theme even better.

Best Regards,
Tomas

Hello Tomas,

You can leave the solution here, so other people will be able to benefit from it :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.