Error Report Following Recent Theme and Types Plugin Updates

Great Theme - really like the look of the site I am developing.

However, I am getting error messages inside the Dasboard following the most recent updates to the theme and the special TYPES plugin in. This is what I see:

Warning: get_class() called without object from outside a class in /homepages/45/d174077987/htdocs/Shogrenconsulting/wp-content/themes/sydney/plugins/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1826

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /homepages/45/d174077987/htdocs/Shogrenconsulting/wp-content/themes/sydney/plugins/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1826

I have uninstalled the themes recommended plugins and deleted the plugin files from the server and then reinstalled. But I can’t clear this error and I’m afraid that something else on my site will break. Can you please help?

Thanks.

SAM

Hi,

The error comes from TGM - it’s a third party class that we’re using to recommend those two plugins. I don’t believe it affects anything else.
We’ve updated TGM in the latest version of the theme so I’m guessing the new TGM doesn’t play well with your server, considering you’re the first one to report this issue in 9 days since the new theme version is live.

I see a new version of TGM came out so we will update it also. Meanwhile you can try it yourself and see if it fixes your Warnings. Go here, download the source for 2.4.2, extract class-tgm-plugin-activation.php, copy its contents and replace it in the theme in plugins/class-tgm-…php

Vlad-

Thanks for the help. I did as you suggest and had trouble clearing the error. After reading online, the problems plugins can cause, I then went through and deactivated my plugins which cleared the error. I have slowly added a few back in and everything is looking good. So my issue is resolved.

I see that the TYPES plugin wants an update. When I try it wants me to upgrade to the paid version. Does it still need to be active once I have the theme up and running?

SAM

Yeah, it’s a known bug in Types unfortunately.
You don’t need it anymore if you’ve finished adding services and the other custom post types. If you still need it you can delete the plugin and re-install it (won’t cause any content loss).

Thanks! Great Theme. Just trying to figure out how to make stuff look cool like the demo. Are there some shortcodes etc that aren’t documented yet?

Nope. There is also demo content on the documentation page if you need it which basically contains the whole demo. What are you missing?