Error 500 with Sydney and Child Themes due to Class/Method naming errors

Hi,
I’m getting an error 500 when activating the Types plugin. WP Debug mentions that the classes and methods used in the theme are using the same names which will break future funtionality within php.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Services_Type_A has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-services-type-a.php on line 8

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Services_Type_B has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-services-type-b.php on line 8

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Facts has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-facts.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Clients has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-clients.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Testimonials has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-testimonials.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Skills has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-skills.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Action has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-call-to-action.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Video_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/video-widget.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Employees has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-employees.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Latest_News has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-latest-news.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Sydney_Contact_Info has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/contact-info.php on line 3

Fatal error: 'break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/foodtheme.dev/wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/common/toolset-forms/lib/adodb-time.inc.php on line 1012

A fix would be great!

Sorry, just looked further into the error and the last line seems to be the reason for the error 500. Nonetheless, I assume changing the names should be noticed by dev’s

Hello @klosk,

Thank you for letting us know!

I already reported this issue.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

I have the same problem, is there any solution to this?

I had the same error and used the fix listed here.

Hello @klosk,

The issue with Deprecated notices should be fixed now.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.