Employees section scale/resize in a strange manner, Front page, Page Builder, two columns

Thank you kind people for Quill theme,

Since I am the owner and the only “employee” of my company I have inserted Quill FP: Employees displaying one employee (me) into one of a two columns so that it did not look silly… :slight_smile: In second column there is Quill FP: About us.
I hoped container/section (or something) will fit into one displayed employee. As for now it seems that the only one displayed employee is re-scaled always as 1/3 of column width.

Second question: should following code work in my child quill theme .css out of the box or #header or sth like that is required? I tried to do inspection via chrome to get to class name etc. but when pasting this code into customization/ additional CSS it works ok. Having this code in child css theme does nothing … no font size change observed.

.site-description {
font-size: 30px;
color: #fff;
}

Best regards and thank you in advance. I did some searching regarding this topic but failed.

Hello there,

To expand the employee item column width, you’ll need to add this extra custom CSS code:

.employees-area .employee {
      width: 100% !important;
    } 

Ensure your child theme’s style.css code doesn’t contain any error. The easiest way to check is to use this CSS validator tool.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks! there are some further window scaling/resize issues but for now it works.

Both columns seems to resize which is good but while watching it in small window (like 70-50% width) employee is to narrow and text is wrapping like a skyscraper while second column with text might shrink 3-5 times faster or employee might be locked for resizing which might cause some problems I am not aware of. For now i will leave it.

Going back to style.css thanks for validation tool. My code had only 4 lines of custom code besides required one for child theme.

.site-description {
font-size: 30px;
color: #fff;
}
validator says it is valid but somehow it does nothing after saving css file. It is crazy. (yes I am modifying correct css for my child theme) I am still investigating issue.
Is there any recommended coding of style.css file like UTF/ ISO etc ?

best regards

Has your child theme been activated?

Regards,
Kharis

Yes Sir. But for now lets forget it :slight_smile:

I was also wondering if you could be so kind and give me a hint what should I delete (probably in cases php) to remove links from cases section I do not want to mess it up. I would like to have it just as a kind of major-key points listing. Sth like: “full email/phone support” as label of case one, “great pricing options” as case two label etc.

Best regards and thanks in advance
Michael

edit:

I have figured line 124 from fp-cases.php, I did some edit but resulted in white screen. I am glad my server has daily backups.

<?php the_title( sprintf( '<h3 class="entry-title"><a href="%s" rel="bookmark">', esc_url( get_permalink() ) ), '</a></h3>' ); ?>

Hello there,

To disable cases links without touching any single code of the template file, try this solution:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box
    jQuery(function($) {

$('.cases-area .project').each(function(){

var title = $(this).find('.entry-title').children('a');

title.attr('href', '#').css({
          'cursor': 'auto',
          'text-decoration': 'none',
          'outline': 'none'
        });

title.click(function(){

return false;

});

});

});

4 . Update

If site cache applied, you should flush it before reloading your page as it blocks new code addition to take effect.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you again.

Not sure If I should start new post but I will continue here. This is my own webpage so that I am not using your knowledge for business purposes :slight_smile: no worries if that ever might be a case.

I did some investigation but failed to insert below code for custom css and make it work. It does nothing.

.single-services .content-area {
width: 100%;
}

I cannot also find post type for services that will allow me to choose full-width from drop-down list instead of altering above css.

Best regards.
Michael

}

This code works to me. Maybe your site has been cached by certain plugin? If so, you should flush it.

Template options is only available for pages. There’s no issue with it.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,
I have included this:

}

and purges all casches with Total Cache plugin if I am not mistaken but single service is not still full width. Other input in custom CSS is working just fine.

I was able to clean up at my site a bit but still it is not 100% ready. Could you please take a look at link provided in private message maybe you could find something broken or corrupted.

best regards,
Michael

Hello there,

You can share privately a link to your problematic page to kharisblank@gmail.com. Mention the link tot his topic to signal that it’s a continuation of this discussion.

Regards,
Kharis