Employees disappeared after renaming,

hi, I followed your advice in a forum post to rename employees in the post types section

This worked well.

However now the employees do not show on the homepage (maybe because the FP Perth Employees widget cannot find the employees in their newly named location)

but i cannot find out how to fix it.

the Header title bar has also reverted to a demo format, even though the menu section inside WP still shows my menu selection

regards

matt

Hello there,

Please share the link to the forum post you followed.

> the Header title bar has also reverted to a demo format, even though the menu section inside WP still shows my menu selection

So your active custom menu doesn’t work as expected? Please advise.

Regards,
Kharis

hello Kharis

this is where I found out how to change the name of ‘employees’

since doing this, the whole employees widget is not visible on the homepage.

you can see the section ‘we can help’ and the employees were all listed in this section… now they are gone.

the header bar now shows the sample pages, even though in the wordpress backend it still shows the menu items that I had before.

regards

matthew

Hello there,

It happens because the employees widget queries the employees post type slug. As you changed it, you have to do an adjustment. You must edit the widgets/fp-employees.php file, find this line:

'post_type' => 'employees',

and replace it with:

'post_type' => 'your_new_employees_slug',

Regarding the menu problem, please make sure that your custom menu is assigned to “Primary Menu” location under the “Menu Settings”. Please see the WordPress Codex.

Regards,
Kharis

you fixed both, perfect

thank you very much

matt

You’re welcome.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis