Employee Carousel Modification

Hi there,

I just searched the forum for this topic, but couldn’t find a similar request:

We recently bought the Sydney Pro theme, because we would like to slightly alter the Employee Carousel. At the moment the Employee name and Position (and Links, which we don’t use) appear on the overlay and below the profile picture.

Is it possible to have a short text (completely different than the text from the position form) displayed on the picture overlay (instead of the name, position and social media links)? That would be amazing!

Thanks in advance,
Nathalie

Hello Nathalie,

I would be glad to help you, but can you please provide a link to your website first?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Nathalie,

I got you message, thank you. Try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

.team-info .name,
.team-info .pos {
  display: none;
}

.team-info::after {
  content: 'Employee hover text';
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

thanks for your message!

I added the code in the additional CSS section of the customizer.
The overlayed text (Employee Name & Position) is now gone, but I where can I insert the additional text which should be displayed on the overlay instead?
(See screenshot attached)

We are working with the free version of Elementor…

Best regards,
Nathalie

Hello Nathalie,

It looks like you didn’t copy the CSS code properly, can you please try to copy it once again?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hey Roman,

I tried it once again - now the text “Employee hover text” is displayed while hovering. But I still don’t have a new field where I can edit the displayed text. To make sure: The displayed text should be editable for each employee - not one text that applies to all.

Do you think that this is still a copy error? I copied it directly from this thread into the custom CSS section. The first time I copied it from my mail program and the spacing was different…

Hello Nathalie,

I tried it once again - now the text “Employee hover text” is displayed while hovering. But I still don’t have a new field where I can edit the displayed text. To make sure: The displayed text should be editable for each employee - not one text that applies to all.

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it, unfortunately. It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork. Hope for your understanding.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support