Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Hi there, I’m working on a new site, Pure Resilience Yoga, and I’m having some page speed issues. One of the recommended fixes is to “Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content”.

A screenshot from Google’s PageSpeed Insights with that recommendation can be found here: https://flic.kr/p/A62LsH… Can you help me with those page speed fixes since some appear to be tied to the theme?

THANK YOU!

Hi,

You’ll need to use W3 Total Cache to concatenate and minify your scripts and styles. There are exactly 3 theme files there.
I ran the test on your site and what you should do is make sure you enable gzip compression - it can also be done with the plugin I mentioned.

Thanks for the advice – I did all of that and it’s loading faster. Still not as optimized as I would love for it to be, but definitely progress in the right direction. THANK YOU!

Well, it’s at 90/100 on desktops and it loads instantly. Hard to achieve much more than that, maybe if you delete all images and switch to TwentyEleven :slight_smile: