Edit project pages using live composer not working west

Hi

I am using the west theme.
When I try and edit my project pages there is no option to activate live composer, only an option to create a template at the bottom right corner.
Is it possible to activate live composer to edit project pages? If so please let me know how.
I have the latest update for West installed and all my plugins are up to date.

Thanks
David

Hello David,

This is normal behavior. Please check this Live Composer documentation page in order to learn more about templates:
https://livecomposer.help/article/127-post-templates

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was a work around so that I could use live composer to edit project pages.
I have created a template and have managed to use it, however there are elements in the template that I want to edit for each project, e.g. changing the name of a client for each project. What happens is that when I edit the project page information it also edits the template and all the other project pages using that template. So the template is always linked and doesn’t stand alone for each project.

So what I would have do is to create each project page seperately anyway, but without being able to use the live composer to edit project pages I can’t get the functionality I want!

The other thing I could try is to create my projects as standard pages and link them using a custom URL? In this way I can use the export/import function in live composer to bring in the format I want and then edit the pages to my liking in live composer. Does this sound like a good way to get around my problem?

Please advise if there is another way to approach this. Perhaps a way to use the template that picks up custom fields for things like client name, project date etc?

Thanks
David

P.S. If possible in the future it would be great if you could update the theme to include the live composer functionality for project pages. In the next update perhaps? :slight_smile:

Hello David,

I think that it’s logical that posts of certain custom post type share the same template.

So if you want to achieve significantly different appearance then it seems to be reasonable to create each item as a page.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

Just out of interest, why does live composer not work for editing project pages?

Thanks
David

Hello David,

I’m not sure. I think that you should contact Live Composer support in order to get an answer :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.