Dropdown menu doesn't work

Hello, this is pretty urgent. After updating theme, my dropdown menu doesn’t work at any screen size. Does anybody know what could be a reason? Please notice that I used your Js code to hide main menu and to display only hamburger on each screen size. Here is the link: https://proactive.co.rs/

Hi,

It seems likely you’re experiencing a cache issue as we made major update in main theme’s JavaScript.

I request you to flush the website’s cache you have enabled with particluar plugin from website’s admin (if any). Also, please flush your web browser’s cache, history, and restart it before checking.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I did it, but nothing happens

It works only on the mobile phone, at the large screen it doesn’t work

Hi,

It seems likely you have JavaScript enabled from your child theme, that needs some corrections. Can you share it to Google Drive or other file sharing services and link it here as your reply?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis, yes I have, it’s from your instruction from the support topic Always mobil meny
Here is the file:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15WygTYloiZ6udDjLSylSBtBpLaA0pyxlXqSOqVu-dUo/edit?usp=sharing

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the file over Google Drive. Please my file permission request.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi,

I got the file on Google Drive. Thank you for giving me the access.

Your custom code to change the mobile menu breakpoint won’t be working since you have been running the latest version of Sydney. Because we have made major update in the main JavaScript.

For this change, you should do different approah by following these steps:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I tried to paste content from function.js to function.min.js but it blocks dropdown at any screen size. Should I replace content or just to paste before or after content in function.min.js?

OMG this attempt broke all my links :flushed:

Hi,

Thank you for trying.

Can you share you final function.min.js after applying the changes as requested? Can you share it to Google Drive and grant me to access it, so I can investigate further, and maybe will do some corrections?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gHdEmyE_Ukh-bEQXGC5H0lm_WYVb0mUy/view?usp=sharing

Probably I made a mistake with a copying and pasting content from function.js to function.min.js, now the links are working but I still have problem with dropdown menu, it’s not visible on wide screen. Is there any other way to hide main menu and to display only hamburger on each screen size, except the JS to be used for that? This is my goal actually, but it should be noted that I reworked the header.php in child theme by adding links for language switcher?

Nobody here with some solution to fix that?

Hi,

​Please accept my apologies for the delay in response. I really appreciate your patience.

Try replacing this line in your script

if ( window.matchMedia( "(max-width: 768px)" ).matches ) {

with

if ( window.matchMedia( "(max-width: 99999px)" ).matches ) {

Upload the changes, flush cache, and run your test.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

It’s already just like that

Hi,

You should edit the mentined line directly from the theme’s JS file (function.min.js). And remove your custom JavaScript enabled with from a plugin as seen on your screenshot.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

It works now, thanks a lot Kharis

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support