Down Arrow Disappeared

I had a down arrow on my top page that linked to the next section and want to know how to get that back.

My photos seem now to be leaving a white space at the top of the page - I want this not to happen.

I also am curious If there is a way to move the gold phone number I am using on my photos - maybe move it down so it does not obstruct so much.

Finally, the sticky menu seems to be leaving a space above it which I find annoying.

Hi,

I do see the down arrow in your header, have you managed to resolve it?

Best Regards,
Csaba

I checked Safari and Firefox and Chrome on my Mac - on Safari the arrow was still there until I refreshed - now gone but the menu does ‘stick’ to the top of the page as I scroll down like I want it to. On Chrome, no arrow and the menu leaves a very annoying white space above the menu. On Firefox, my changes do not show, same images as before are there - I cleared the history and the changes still do not show but at least you can see how I did have my site - all I did was change my images - what has happened???

I now see the changes do not show up in any browser I checked on a PC - any ideas of is that my host? At any rate still space above my menu and space above my menu when scrolling down - it does not do this on Safari, only so far on Chrome Mac - it DID NOT do this until I changed my header images. I have screenshots but not sure how to attach. Thanks.

Apologies, quick update, did contact my host and identified a WP Fastest Cache as the culprit for other browsers not showing my updates.

Now I only see the space above my menu on Chrome Mac which my host also said was cache related to my browser but I am not so sure as I have a background image that does show up in that space above the menu, still only on Chrome Mac?

And, still none of this solves what happened to my down arrow?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have checked your site in Chrome, on Mac and there is no white space above the menu, so I guess it’s a caching issue, please clear your browser cache too then check again how it works. If you will still have that issue after clearing browser cache, then post a link to a screenshot of the issue here, so I can check where / how it appears for you.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thanks, yes, it was a cache issue so my only problem now is the down arrow - I double-checked the code you all gave me for the header and footer script and re-pasted and still no down arrow - any thoughts? Thanks.

Hi,

Please re-add the code for dropdown arrow, so I can check what’s wrong with it, I see you have removed it, at first time when I checked your site I was able to see it in all browsers.

Best Regards,
Csaba

The code is in the Header and Footer scripts.

<style type=“text/css”>
.down-arrow-wrap a{
color: #fff;
font-size: 50px;
margin-top: 30px;
}
</style>

<script type=“text/javascript”>
jQuery(function($) {

if( $(’.welcome-info’).length ){

var downArrow = '&lt;div class="down-arrow-wrap"&gt;<a href="#site-navigation">&lt;i class="fa fa-angle-down"&gt;&lt;/i&gt;</a>&lt;/div&gt;';

$('.welcome-info').append(downArrow);

}

});
</script>

A little concerned about the space at the top of the menu always recurring in my Chrome Mac - it returns every day now vut disappears when I clear my cookies,etc. - do you think that is just me and my browser - I would hate it if that was happening to others? It does not happen on any other browser Mac or PC I have checked.

Thanks,

Hi,

Ok, but what is the issue with the arrow? I don’t see it added to your site, so if you mean it have disappeared, then you have to check your coding, the code for the arrow is not there.

The top of the menu issue if that happens only on your mac / browser, then it’s limited to your mac / browser, because I have also checked in Chrome on my Mac and I don’t have anything on top of the menu.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Yes, that is my question - the arrow has all of a sudden disappeared. I had asked you guys how to add a down arrow and you guys told me to put that code in my Header and Footer Script Plug-in. That code is still there but not the arrow. Perhaps I am missing a step or something? I copied and pasted the code directly from the ticket I had submitted on this some time ago.

Thanks.

Hi,

Then better add this code to your welcome info header area:

<div class=”down-arrow-wrap”><i class=”fa fa-angle-down”></i></div>

and this CSS:

.down-arrow-wrap a {
color: #fff;
font-size: 50px;
margin-top: 30px;
}

using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Please let me know how it works then.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thanks. Can you please let me know exactly where to add the top code? In the Header Script plugin area? Or both sets of code into the Simple Custom CSS plugin?

Hi,

Please add the first code to the area where you have added your welcome info and the second one add using the Custom CSS plugin.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Can you please be more specific with where you mean regarding “welcome info”? I don’t see anywhere to add code in the customization welcome area, I don’t see a page titled welcome area or a row in the front page title welcome area?

Hi,

I’ve checked the code in welcome area, but it didn’t work right there, so better try to add to header.php and let me know after you’ve added it there, so I can inspect your site after it’s added.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I think I am not going to pursue - you can close the ticket, thanks.

Hi,

Ok, I will close this topic as you’ve requested. If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba