Doesn't show highlighted text / click and drag mouse

Hey guys, I love this theme and have used it for a few different websites. I currently have a new website on a fresh install, and no matter what customizer options I try or copy all the settings from my other websites, I still cannot seem to show highlighted / selected text on the front end of the page when I click and drag the mouse. It will show on the back end, if I activate another theme and then “Live Preview” the Moesia theme. I have also tried deactivating all plugins… still no avail. I have tried some custom CSS options like below

::selection {
    background:#000 !important;
}

Still doesn’t show highlighted text. I am using and prefer Firefox. I have tried restarting, and clearing the cache after attempting different options. I have tested doing this in Safari and I’m able to select and highlight the text fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Viceregal,

Can you please provide a link to your website to let me inspect it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sure thing, sorry I didn’t put that in before.

http://www.secureagentmentor.com/

Using a mac OS 10.11
Firefox 49.0.1

Other weird thing, I’ve noticed if I click and drag text on the screen, then click on a different screen or tab (using dual monitors) it shows the text as highlighted then. Doesn’t do it on my other websites running this them though. Very frustrating and confusing.

Thanks so much for your help!

Ken

Hello Ken,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

::selection {
    background-color: gray !important;
    color: white !important;
}

::-moz-selection {
    background-color: gray !important;
    color: white !important;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman! You. Are. Awesome!!! Thanks so much man!

You are welcome Ken!

And have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.