Disable the link author

Hello,
I have the Hiero theme and I would like to disable the link in the single.php (article page) of the author AND of the date of publication.
Could you please tell me how can I do that please ?
Thank you very much and sorry for my English :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve, can you please describe it more precisely?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman, no problem.
For each article I publish, there is on the page this :

<span class="posted-on">Publié le <a href="https://www.mysite.fr/page-of-this-article.html" title="20 h 45 min" rel="bookmark"><time class="entry-date published updated" datetime="2018-02-05T20:45:53+00:00">5 février 2018</time></a></span><span class="byline"> par <span class="author vcard"><a class="url fn n" href="https://www.mysite.fr/author/christelle" title="Voir tous les articles par Christelle">Christelle</a></span></span>

Can you tell me how can I remove these 2 links please ?

Hello, you can try to use the following CSS code in order to hide (not remove) those links.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS section.

.single .entry-meta {
    display: none;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,
thank you. But I would like to remove it (for my SEO) and not hide it.

Okay, in this case you can copy content-single.php file into a child theme directory and remove the following code (row 15-17) there.

<div class="entry-meta">
			<?php athemes_posted_on(); ?>
		<!-- .entry-meta --></div>

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you it works. But I would like to keep the text and just remove the 2 links. That’s possible ?

It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.