Disable the footer throughout the site?

Hi, I’m a first time poster, I apologize in advance if my post is ignorant of the forum etiquette.I did do a search for my topic with no success.I have a custom footer that I created as a template. I want to disable the stock footer and replace it with my my own throughout the site. I’m using Elementor. Does this theme have “hooks”? So that I can use short code for the purpose? I can’t seem to find any references to the concept?

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, so I can check.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

The URL is http://www.scotwhitedds.com . I hadn’t launched it at the time of my post, I just launched it so you could see it. I’d really like to replace the footer with the one I developed as a template in Elementor.

Hi,

I can’t see any other footer, please add it and you can remove the default footer from your website with this Custom CSS:

footer.site-footer {
    display: none !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and connected the footer to the main page at the bottom so you could see it. It has the office hours, the social media icons and the telephone numbers and such.

I’m afraid to use the css code you gave me because of something I read. I found the following regarding that code:

“Google does not like when you hide links with display:none because that’s a technique that spammers use to hide the links from users while still showing it to Google (in hopes of higher rankings). Your site might get flagged, and can cause you to lose your search engine rankings. So whatever you do, do not use the CSS method like this.”

So, for that reason, I think I’d like to just remove the words from the theme footer so that it looks like a simple bar across the bottom. Is there a way to link the bottom of my footer to the top of the existing footer so the whole thing looks like one footer?

Hi,

With the Free version of the theme you can’t modify the footer text ( isn’t allowed by license ), if you want to remove the copyright text, please upgrade to the Pro version of the theme.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

I don’t mind upgrading the theme to the Pro version. Is there any danger in losing the work that I’ve already done on the site? Also, is there a way to remove the space that exists between the bottom of my custom footer and the theme footer?

Hi,

You may loose only Theme Options and what you’ve added / set in Customizer, but posts, projects, pages, content, etc. you won’t loose, since it will be a different theme the options you’ve set for the theme in Customizer will be default.

Kind Regards,
Csaba