Disable right menu for a particukar plugin

I’m using the Sydney Child Theme.

I have a new calendar that I have just started using for my events page.

It’s called MEC that works great.

I have an issue where my events are displaying great, but, because I use the right-hand-menu (RHM) in my theme for extra site information. This works fine with all of the other pages, but conflicts with MEC.

Is there a way that I can disable m my RHM not to work on MEC pages?

Thanks

Regards, Paul!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Can you share a link to your event page, so I can inpect it directly to find out the possible solution?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for the reply.

My Events are on the link.

It looks great I have my Monthly calendar set to full width using ‘page-attributes’, bur on the specific events when you access them, the RHM is down the page after the events! It looks terrible.

There are no ‘Page attributes’ for the events (posts)?

Could we use some CSS so that on all MEC pages we tell it not to use the RHM?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for sharing the links.

The right side areas on this event page marked in red (seen on the below screenshot) can be managed from the plugin’s settings. And this is out of the theme’s scope.

If you can’t find the plugin’s option for that, I’d recommend contacting the plugin’s author over their support channel at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/modern-events-calendar-lite/. Or contact them from their support page.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Apologies, a misunderstanding.

The Social Media share buttons are part of MEC, and are important. My RHM is below this, I have shown a

attached. By having the RHM showing on event pages, it makes the page very long and destroys the balance of the page/site?

Thanks

Thank you for getting back.

Can you share the screenshots to your website’s dashboard settings for those area?

Let me know whether you can’t access them from dashboard.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for the reply.

I attach a few screenshot, of the dashboard & MEC settings, and MEC Custom CSS, would it be easier if you had Admin login? If so what email address?

Apparently, I can only add 1 screenshot as a new user, 1 link and 1 embedded file? I have posted many times, under a different account? So I have uploaded the other 2. :grinning:

Thanks,

Paul!

Dashboard_‹_Cecil_s_Men_s_Hub_MEC

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the screenshots.

I sent you a direct message to request website’s dashboard access. Please let me know if you haven’t yet received it.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

I have sent to login details?

Thanks

Hi,

I got the access to your website’s dashboard area. I checked it and found these widgets are no longer appearing on your event page.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 09.49.16

Seems likely you were able to manage it by yourself. Is that correct?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

It seems like when I changed the MEC over to the single event page option, my RHM doe not appear now? I have check quite a few events, and it seems like it’s no longer an issue?

Thanks for the help?

I will be in touch if if needs it?

Thanks,

Paul.

NB.

I have another issue that may be due to the theme, I will create a new post for it.

1 Like

Great!

You’re welcome! Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support