Disable Mobile (Default Desktop Version)

Is there a way I can make it so my site displays the desktop version by default? I’m not sure how chrome does it, but I really like how my mobile site looks when I open up chrome on a phone and check the “Desktop site” box.

Is there a way to force the mobile site to just display the desktop site at a specific resolution (So I get the desktop version and don’t have issues with the fact that Sydney as a theme is responsive)

Hello,

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it, unfortunately.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I ended up just adding in a bunch of @media only CSS code. It took a bit of poking around in inspect element to find all the right boxes, but in the end I got a mobile website that looks good and is responsive, so I think you guys were right in the end anyway.

One thing I couldn’t seem to do was change a font on only one mobile page. Any idea how to do something like that? I tried variations of something like this

@media only screen and (max-width: 780px){
.page-id-number {
h2 {
text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;
}
h6 {
font-family: 'Roboto' !important;
}
}
}

However, it wouldn’t let me do the last layer of nested parenthesis. I could either change fonts on all mobile pages, or change fonts on one page, but for mobile and desktop.

It’s not the end of the world if this isn’t an easy fix. Manually changing a few element/padding sizes solved my issue, this would just be the icing on the cake.

Hello, you can try something like this instead:

@media (max-width: 780px) {
    .page-id-number h2 {
    }

.page-id-number h6 {
        font-family: 'Roboto' !important;
    }
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
Also you might want to check this page:
https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_selectors.asp

I figured it was something stupid I was doing. Such a simple fix. Thanks for the help Roman, you the man!

I’ll also check out that link.

You are welcome!

Kind Regards, Roman.