Disable Link/Hover For Main Product Pic?

Hello Team, again.

I am using Elemetor Pro to build my Sydney Pro theme shopping cart.

Is there a way to disable the Link/Hover response for the Main Product Pic on the Single Product Template?

I would like to eliminate the the Link / Light Box / Hover Over features of the Main Product Pic on the Single Product Template entirely. And just have the scrolling function on the page.

I greatly appreciate the help!

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Dan

Hello Dan,

You can edit a product image in your Media Library and remove that text from the Title input field, it should disable that tooltip.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thank you much, Roman. If I understood your direction correctly - I have now done this with our “TEST” product. Here is the Single Product Page for that TEST product:

https://dropsofamazon.com/product/pure-water-necklace-arara-vermelha/

Here is how the picture appears in the Media Library with the Title text removed:

The only change I have made is removing the Title field text - as the picture reveals.

But the link to picture is still active on the Single Product Page. You can test it with the link provided above.
The popup (light box) display is also very awkward and not intuitive. This is the first screen that the user sees:

There appears a tinted border around the picture. The user must X this screen to see the “light box” display of the picture. Please try it.

After the user X’s the tinted border they see this:

Ideally, I would like to entire disable the link function. Entirely disable the roll-over function too.

If that is not possible, at a minimum I need to at least eliminate the Tinted Border screen. I hate it. Is there any code that could simply disable that link/hover function?

Thank you very much. If I can get everything resolved this website will be a specimen example of a Sydney Pro shopping cart site. I will make you look good and you can use the site as an example if you like.

Dan

Hello Dan, try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

.single-product .woocommerce-product-gallery__image a {
  pointer-events: none;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thank you, Roman. I have that code in place now and it does not change the link aspect.

If this works out, the code needs to only effect the main image that is displayed. Not the thumb nails. Those should all still be linked the the related image.

I appreciate all the help. Hopefully we can help make the world a better place.

Is there a place I can express my appreciation of aThemes? A Google Business Listing, Facebook, etc.?

Thank you,

Dan

Another very acceptable outcome would be to modify the link. I actually like this approach.

If the link simply caused the Main Product Image to advance Right > …to the next picture in the cue, that would actually be quite amazing.

Thanks again, Roman.

Hello Dan,

It looks like there is no easy way to achieve what you want, so it goes beyond our support, unfortunately. You can leave your feedback for Sydney theme on WordPress.org (if you haven’t done it already, of course), here is a quick link.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support