Difficulties

Hello,

First off thank you for the theme!

I’m building a relatively simple website (static front page, about us type page, contact us) but I’m having some difficulties with a few things.

First I’d like the site logo, site title, menu to not scroll, basically stay at the top and not follow when you scroll down.

Second I’d like the logo and title to only appear on the home page, but have the menu on all pages.

Actually that’s pretty much it for now.

Thank you very much

Hello there,

For your first Q, did you mean that you want the site logo/title and menu to have fix position? keep in the top of your page when your page is scrolled? If so, you can manage it from: customize > header area > menu style > sticky menu.

Then for your second Q, you can display the site logo/title only in your home page using following css code:

body:not(.home) .site-title, .site-description, body:not(.home) .site-logo {
    visibility: hidden;
}

you can put the css code in above in your child theme or use simple custom css plugin

Thank you very much for answering!

Problem 2 is solved, thank you. Problem one persists, I’d like it to not always stay on screen, basically have it “stuck” to the page so if I scroll down it disappears from view. This includes the menu, logo and title. I tried both options (sticky and static) but it continues to stay on screen either way. I managed to place it where I want but I’d like it to stay there! Right now it ends up overlapping the rest when I scroll down.

Also, is there a way to move the menu? it’s near the top but I’d like to move it up or down (will test both to see which is best)

Thank you very much!

Hmm did it happened when you are not on your home page? Please try to add the css code below and let’s if it can fix the issue:

.site-header.fixed {
    position: fixed;
}

Hello,

I just tried it but the header (menu and title/logo) still stay on screen when I scroll down.

My apologies, I means please try this css code:

.site-header.fixed {
    position: relative;
}

It worked! Thank you! It moved the menu, logo and title but I can move them again.

Well, except the menu, what is the command to move it?

Thank you, I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it kept moving!

Hi,
Could you please to post the URL of your site? or take a screenshot so I can figuring out what you need to the menu.

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I solved that issue but now I noticed something when trying to view my site on mobile. I’d like the menu to stay as the desktop version. In other words I’d like to get rid of the “hamburger” menu and keep the bar with text no matter the size of the page.

I tried changing the main.min.js file like it was mentioned in this thread, “https://athemes.com/forums/topic/header-menu-on-larger-tablets/” but nothing changed, no matter what number I put in.

Any insight on this issue? I apologise for asking so many questions, I’m learning as I go.

Hi,

Please open new topic for your last question.

Regards,
Awan