Delete Top Menu, Change Page Title Font, Remove Post Author

Hello,

I am using the Fashionistas theme and love it. It is high-quality and I appreciate the colour customizability as well, which is not a common option among the free themes I like.

However, there are a few things I must change to better suit my website. Perhaps these modifications can be made through Custom CSS?

Firstly, I have no use for two separate menus. I already have the Main Menu, and would like to completely be rid of the Top Menu.

Second, I would like the titles of each page to be not all-caps - example “Welcome” instead of “WELCOME”.

Third, I would like to get rid of the author on my posts. For example, under of the title of a post I make, it says my username “/johndoe” and beneath the post as well, it says “johndoe” and “MORE POSTS”. All of this I would like to disappear.

Any help to make these changes is greatly appreciated. I am willing to pay a nominal fee if the required customizations are more extensive than suggested by the Support guidelines.

Cheers!

Hello @johndoe2,

1. Please try to use the following CSS code in order to hide (not remove) the Top Menu.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up).

#top-navigation {
    display: none;
}
  1. Please try to use this CSS code:
body .entry-title {
    text-transform: none;
}
  1. Please try to use this CSS code in order to hide (not remove) the author:
.entry-meta .byline {
    display: none;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you very much, Roman. It all worked!

Great! You are welcome @johndoe2!

By the way, it would be nice if you leave your feedback for Fashionistas theme on WordPress.org, here is a quick link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the link, I have left a review.

I have another request that came to my attention today. Is it possible to display post feature images in the Recent Posts widget on a page?

johndoe2

Hello @johndoe2, thank you very much!

I don’t think so, but you can try to use Recent Posts Widget Extended.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Unfortunately the widget didn’t make a difference. It’s ok however, at least the featured images show on the posts when browsing the categories. Thanks.

You are welcome @johndoe2,

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.