Decrease slider heigth front page

Hello,

I’m trying to decrease the slider height of my webseite. Here is the domain: www.festbazeichen.de
I’ve added this code but it didn’t work:

jQuery(function($) { function headerDecrease() { var slideHeight = $('#slideshow').height(); var newHeight = slideHeight - 150; $('#slideshow').height(newHeight); } $(document).ready(headerDecrease); $(window).on('resize',headerDecrease); });

Is there another possibility? I also tried to change the slider height in the editor but without success.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

The correct domain is www.festabzeichen.de

Other alternative to decrease the main slider is by using CSS code. I noticed you applied the below code:

.header-slider {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: 510px !important;
}

I think it isn’t perfectly working, especially on the smaller device, the height won’t adapt proportionally. The best solution would be:

.header-slider{
  max-height: 60vh !important;
}

60vh means the height will be always 60% of the screen’s height.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

You can change the header slider’s height with this Custom CSS:

.header-slider {
    height: 350px !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello,

thanks a lot for your help. Everthing worked finde. Another question: how is it possible to display the main menue more higher?

Thanks a lot. Really great support.

Best regards

Mario

Hi,

Great! I’m glad it worked! You can make the menu to appear a bit higher with this Custom CSS:

.site-header {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
    margin-top: -5px !important;
}

If you want to move it more higher, then just modify the -5px value to higher one ( up to -15px for example ).

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

It worked. Thanks a lot. A really good support!!!

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba