Dashboard running super slow

My site cmfaa.org is working fine but when I go to dashboard to make edits it is very very slow.

Hi,

To know the root of the problem, I need to know:

• Can you confirm whether the issue has being occured since the firt time or after certain circumtances?
  • Does your web hosting/server environments meet these requirements?
  • Are you running the latest versions of WordPress and Sydney theme?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The backend dashboard was working fine until I went in to it about a week ago and it was running very slow. Every click was like a 3 minute response. Front end of site was fine.

I checked with host (bluehost) and they found no problem with there servers.

I tried doing some site cleaning up like deleting plugins that were not active.

Then I disabled all active plugins and checked. It seemed to be better but of course site did not view the same.

I re-activated all plugins and most of site came back but elements were missing?

I do have a child theme and I was wondering if maybe the css in child theme was not loading?

Now dashboard is still crawling and site is not loading correctly.

I ask my host to load a back up to January 16. This is about the last time everything to be functioning normal.

As of this email I don’t think the backup took place yet. They said could be 24-48 hours. I requested backup at 11pm on Tuesday Feb. 2

I am running current version wordpress…

Please advise

Thank You

DaveG

Hi DaveG,

Thank you for getting back along with the detailed information.

To check whether Sydney and/or Sydney child theme causes you this trouble, you can temporarily switching to one of default WordPress themes like Twenty Twenty. Then check your dashboard whether there is improvement or not.

To do these privately and only visible to webite’s administrators, you can enable troubleshooting mode with the help of this plugin.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks for your feedback. I did install the health check plugin. It was a big help. I was able to find the problem of slow dashboard issue. It was a plugin called sidekick. Site is having a problem loading front page sliders and menu bar. Health check is giving me one critical issue,

“It says The homepage is not translated in all languages - Polyang
You must translate your static front page in Tagalog.”
Not sure how to address this?
Please advise
Thank You

Seems likely the the plugin shows translation issue on your current front page. Please check whether the translation for that page is available or not. And do you really need to translate it?

Adding, translation is not the scope of theme related issue. The better place to ask for this kind of issue is: https://wordpress.org/support/forums/.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support