Dark layer on slider / Site title & info

Hello Team aThemes,

Fist of all, thank you for a fantastic theme.

We are almost set to launch, but for a few details :

There seems to be a dark overlay on the frontpage slider (this isn’t a photoshop issue).
I know this has been discussed elsewhere, and I followed the instructions by adding the shortcode :
.slides-container img {
opacity: 1;
background-color: none !important;
}
… which doesn’t work since an error message says : " <color> I inherit, none "

For the header image (page/post) the customisation section says to use a banner 1920 x 500. This doesn’t seem to be the right size either…

The customization tool doesn’t always over-ride pre-existing settings. For ex : I’ve tried to not show the Site name and info. Impossible to get rid of the writing through this tool (and CSS shortcode doesn’t work either).
Also I would have liked to have all the title borders in white, and some where, others (contact for ex) always stay black (even though #fff showed in the selected colour).
Can you suggest something else, please?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, are you using Quill theme?

1. Use custom css below, you can use simple custom css plugin:
.overlay {
  opacity: 0;
}

(try 0.3 if you don’t want to remove overlay completely)

1. 1920 x 500 is suggested size, you don’t have to crop images to that size, you can use whatever size suits you but stick to one proportion for ex. 1920x1080… (slider is for front page and header image is for other pages)

2. Hm, no one noticed that before :slight_smile: thx,
    header.php change this line:

<?php else : ?>
				<h1 class="site-title"><a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ); ?>" rel="home"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a></h1>
				<h2 class="site-description"><?php bloginfo( 'description' ); ?></h2>
			<?php endif; ?>

to:

<?php else : ?>
				<?php if ( display_header_text() ) : ?>
					<h1 class="site-title"><a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ); ?>" rel="home"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a></h1>
					<h2 class="site-description"><?php bloginfo( 'description' ); ?></h2>
				<?php endif; ?>
			<?php endif; ?>

There will be an update regarding this.

Regarding 3., after consultations, update will remove Display Header Text checkbox completely since header text should stay and user should choose between logo or text :slight_smile:

Hey thanks people,

the overlay shortcode works great.

As for the Site title option - ok, but it’s still an interesting option to have… would inserting a transparent .png logo do the trick?

Very cunning :slight_smile: , yes it will remove the text.

Hi again Dimikjones,

I’ve tried and tried to get the header image right… size 1920x550 as specified on customization tool.

It just doesn’t work… the image appears too large (services page).
Please advise…

Thanks!

(also… the header image seems to have a dark overlay, which I’d also like to remove)…

Hi, for header image overlay you could try to aply css code below:

.header-overlay {
  opacity: 0.4;
}

Or play a little with opacity value. Overlays exist because of white color of menu and text.

I can’t help you with image unless I see, or maybe if you can upload a screenshot?

Hello to the Team @ aThemes.
Our site went live today.
Again, a big thanks.
http://beethovenwasafrican.com/

Hey, very nice website, thank you.

Feel free to rate it and write a review :slight_smile: .

Best regards