Customizing projects page

Hi everyone!
I’m using the Sydney theme - and I’m really happy about it - but I need to customize the standard “projects” page (www.domain.com/projects/) which I put in my menu.

The main problem is that I use the NextGEN Gallerye plugin in my projects pages (articles).
All works fine in the single project pages, but the general “projects” page (www.domain.com/projects/) show part of the NextGEN script (order_by=“sortorder” order_direction=“ASC” returns=“included” maximu_entity_coount=“500”]) together with the text of the project.

Is there any way I can fix this, either by fixing the compatibility with NextGEN Gallery plugin or by customizing the standard projects page?
Thanks
Ferruccio

Hello there,

Please share a link to your projects page, so I can inspect the issue affected by NextGen Gallery you’ve setup. If you want it to remains private, you can share it to kharisblank@gmail.com; mention the link to this topic to indicate its a continuation of this discussion.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks for your prompt reply.
The page is http://www.angeladuffizi.it/projects/

cheers

Hello there,

Did you use a special code or something to enable the NextGen Gallery? If so, please share it here.

For temporary solution, add this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.post-type-archive-projects .entry-post {
      display: none;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

This is the code I used for one of the Projects:

[ngg_images source=“galleries” container_ids=“11” display_type=“photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=“1” thumbnail_width=“200” thumbnail_height=“200” thumbnail_crop=“1” images_per_page=“100” number_of_columns=“0” ajax_pagination=“0” show_all_in_lightbox=“0” use_imagebrowser_effect=“0” show_slideshow_link=“0” slideshow_link_text="[Show slideshow]" order_by=“sortorder” order_direction=“ASC” returns=“included” maximum_entity_count=“500”]

As you can see, this bit is show here http://www.angeladuffizi.it/projects/ :
order_by=“sortorder” order_direction=“ASC” returns=“included” maximum_entity_count=“500”]

Thank you for the temporary solution. It works, but it hides the text I want to show, together with the code I need to hide.

Hello there,

Please try to install and activate this plugin. Then wrap the NextGen Gallery shortcode with is_singular conditional check.

[is_singular]Your shortcode goes here[/is_singular]

So it’ll look like this:

[is_singular][ngg_images source=“galleries” container_ids=“11” display_type=“photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=“1” thumbnail_width=“200” thumbnail_height=“200” thumbnail_crop=“1” images_per_page=“100” number_of_columns=“0” ajax_pagination=“0” show_all_in_lightbox=“0” use_imagebrowser_effect=“0” show_slideshow_link=“0” slideshow_link_text="[Show slideshow]" order_by=“sortorder” order_direction=“ASC” returns=“included” maximum_entity_count=“500”][/is_singular]`

Regards,
Kharis

Great! It works! Thanks again!!!
Only that, now my “client” - my wife - thinks she prefers your “temporary solution”…

You’re most welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis