Customize posts page with design

Hi,

The Context :
I create some posts give them the same category then place them on the menu (with the category name). I see my posts, the first one is the last I wrote. I used settings to be sure it won’t have more then 4 posts per page.
so I see the page with my posts and an excerpt of each.

The Problem:
It looks old, like a word page. I tried to find a plugin to do that and I have no idea how to reshape it to something more from “nowdays”, I mean with a good design.

thanks for any help.

Hello there,

It is quite hard finding a plugin which will instantly design the post items. Because design is a unique need. The best bet would be manually styling it and maybe you would need to modify the theme’s PHP code. If you can’t do it by yourself, I’d suggest you hire a freelancer on Upwork or Codeable.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,
thanks for the answer. Well I finally use the sydney theme with title, some information below (date ,author, published by) and the text below.

It works, but in the list of the posts, I cannot see the author name (just the date and published in). Only when I click on the post then the information is displayed (date, author, published in).

Is there a way to make it appears like on the post page for the posts list ?

Regards.

Hello there,

Could you please share your posts page here, so I can be more exact? Does it look like this: http://demo.athemes.com/sydney/my-blog/?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, sorry but can’t display the page here, is there a way to send you the link ?

well the page looks like the demo except the pictures, I decided to let it like this. so the TITLE, then the metadata, and the small excerpt of text. then on click, the post appears with the same text and image and metadata.

the fact is :

in my Localhost, i see the “small calendar with the date” - "the small icone for the author with the name " - “the small icone for published in …” in the list of posts.
Then when i click on the post I see the same metadata. so it’s what I wanted between the title and the text.

But in my production site, i don’t see the small icone for the author and the name of the author in the list of posts. But when I click on a specific post I see the icone with the author.

that’s my issue, cannot get the “icone of the author + his name” in the list of posts in the page.

regards.

Hello there,

You can send the link privately to my email kharisblank@gmail.com.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello there,

To display the author link on the archive page, could you please try to apply the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css?

.hentry .meta-post .byline{
  display: inline;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,
yes thanks the metadata author appears now.
But I have an issue with the top post of the page, when I make change with the dashboard view, it looks like ok with the sticky menu but once I get out of my site administration, the title is hidden by the black background of the menu and they are merging in mobile view. Any idea ? or should I open a new thread ?

regards

Hello there,

Please open a new thread with a proper title. We would be very happy to assist you from there.

Regards,
Kharis